Clinical Research Associate I
Budget Title: same as above
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Research Foundation Professional Position
RF Line#: R0832000
Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in healthcare related discipline. In lieu of degree, four years of directly related full time experience, or a combination of higher education and experience totalling four years may be considered. Two years experience coordinating clinical trials. Experience completing web-based case report forms for industry sponsored research. Experience interacting with human subjects and assisting with consenting process.
Preferred Qualifications: RN. Thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements in human research and completion of IRB documents. Phlebotomy certification. LPN.
Brief Description of Duties: Clinical Research Associate I will be responsible for clinical research coordinator for the division of Vascular Surgery. The selected candidate will.
- Recruit, assess, enroll, screen, and schedule patients for eligibility in clinical radiology research studies. Maintain database of participants. Review patient medical history to determine if patient is eligible for the study.
- Ensure all necessary testing and consents are completed prior to study according to protocol ensure study compliance with institution and federal guidelines as required.
- Ensure proper patient follow - up according to study protocol.
- Collect and compile clinical trial or study patient data. Maintain data for sponsor and investigator for research use as well as in presentations and publications. Assist in the preparation of presentation and publications.
- Liaison with sponsors, cooperative groups, regulating agencies, clinical departments and departmental staff.
- Monitor and maintain patient medical records during study. Prepare and distribute appropriate study information to patients.
- Ensure all technical, nursing and radiology staff are educated on protocol of any given research study.
- Provide progress reports to investigator. Assist investigator with clinical trial related activities.
- Travel to investigator meetings and provide updates to sponsors, investigators and IRB.
- Develop and revise as necessary clinical research data forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Notes: This is a full time position, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Travel to clinic locations may be required for this position.
Patient Contact: Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook University's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), clear a background investigation, submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
Essential Position: This has been designated as an essential position based on the duties of the job and the functions performed. Positions that are designated as such are required to report to work/remain at work even if classes are cancelled, and the campus is working on limited operations in an emergency.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those Interested in this position should submit a cover letter and resume to :
Karen Ross, MBA
Stony Brook Surgical Associates, UFPC
Health Sciences Center, T-19, Room 020
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794
Fax # 631-444-8947
Applications for this position must be received, as specified in the Application Procedure Section, no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on 05/05/2014, unless specifically noted otherwise in the Special Notes Section.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, FEMALES, MINORITIES, DISABLED, VETERANS.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Job Category: E) Research (professional) and Technical to include lab support positions.
Posting Date: 04/06/2014