Accounting Technician II
Kern Community College District
Accounting Technician II
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform complex technical accounting work in the preparation, processing and maintenance of College and District accounting records.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Principles and procedures of bookkeeping and basic accounting.
• General accounting and invoice auditing procedures.
• Pertinent laws, rules and regulations related to bookkeeping and basic accounting.
• Basic arithmetic.
• Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
• Maintain and balance a variety of financial records, ledgers and accounts.
• Perform computational tasks and other bookkeeping functions with speed and accuracy.
• Audit records and invoices for payment.
• Read and understand financial records, reports and technical and procedural requirements.
• Apply pertinent laws, rules and regulations of bookkeeping and basic accounting.
• Maintain accurate and complete financial records.
• Compile data to prepare financial and statistical reports.
• Operate a computer, adding and calculating machine.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience
Any combination equivalent to:
graduation from high school supplemented by two years of college-level course work in accounting or a related field AND four years of increasingly responsible experience in the maintenance of financial or statistical records.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Position Number: 00990
Posting Date: 04/03/2014
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $3,248.95 per month
Maximum Salary: $3,953.37 per month
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
Salary Grade: 41.0
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Thursday, April 17,2014 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/4327
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.