Duties: The Wharton Learning Lab is seeking an Application Developer to join our award winning team who will be responsible for developing and supporting web-based simulations, serious games, exercises and interactive programs. The Learning Lab is Wharton's experimental laboratory for exploring new approaches to learning, with a specialized focus in developing technology solutions that provide immersive, experiential learning. This position requires a devotion to teamwork, an eagerness to learn about different domains, and a passion for software development.
Responsibilities and Skills:
* Work collaboratively with Wharton faculty and team members to develop new technology-based learning solutions. Strong communication, requirements gathering and documentation skills required.
* Maintain, enhance and repair existing solutions. Ability to perform analysis and make recommendations on ways to improve stability and feature-sets for the existing portfolio of solutions. Willingness to jump in and assist if there is an issue with a production simulation run.
* Teamwork. The Learning Lab values collaboration, knowledge sharing and being a supportive team. The successful candidate shares these values in teamwork
* Flexibility. Ability and willingness to work fluidly and proactively should priorities and requirements shift
Qualifications: A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 1-2 years of relevant work experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Creative problem solving skills required
* Keeps abreast of technology trends required
* Strong analytical skills required
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills required
* Demonstrated ability to learn new skills both technical and non-technical and the desire to continue doing so required
* Basic knowledge about relational databases and SQL required
* Experience with learning simulations
Reference Number: 07-17139
Salary Grade: B
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Wharton Computing and Instructional Technology (WCIT)
Special Requirements: Background Check Required
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology