Java Applications Server Administrator
Plan and administer all activities related to application (Java) servers including the installation and configuration of the application servers. Provide support for system performance, security, and reliability. Facilitate application deployments and operational support for all applications
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Installs, maintains, and administers J2ee Application Servers environments.
- Installs, configures, and fine tunes instances of the application servers.
- Provides custom JVM and container tuning for individual applications.
- Develops, improves, and documents the processes for maintaining and administrating the application server environment.
- Orchestrates resource allocation among applications in the application server environments.
- Performs application deployments to test, integration, and production environments per established change management procedures.
- Enforces application standards and policies as defined per environment.
- Follows and enforces change management procedures for application deployments.
- Contributes and maintains the information kept in the CMDB.
- Provide applications and projects with technical support for the application server and J2ee technologies.
- Work with project managers to establish and execute project timelines.
- Facilitates the coordinates between the various technical groups involved in a project.
- Provides guidance and technical expertise for research efforts involving J2ee technologies.
- Provides guidance and technical expertise during development and testing of assigned applications.
- Provides support and technical expertise for applications running in the production environment.
- Participates in the oncall rotation to provide 24/7 support for applications and application servers.
- Keep abreast of technology as it relates to application servers and J2ee technologies.
- Maintains awareness of new and evolving technologies as they relate to supported systems.
Job requires Bachelor's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location TN-Nashville-3401 West End Ave
Organization App Infrastructure 152590PI75223468