Program Coordinator II
Plans, coordinates and executes either a) events or b) one or more programs/services for Vanderbilt students/staff/faculty or the community at large that impact significant segement of the institution. Events or programs/services are expected to experience significant change, expansion or evolution over time.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Plans and develops the event or program/service in order to meet established goals, objectives and timelines.
- Provides input into the establishment of goals and objectives for the event or program/service.
- Determines the content and details of the event or program/service.
- Continuously compiles, reviews and analyzes event or program/service outcomes against the established goals, objectives, and timelines.
- Recommends improvements to the event or program/service.
- Researches trends and recommends strategies to promote continued change, growth or expansion of the event or program/service.
- Identifies, researches, and selects the facilities necessary for the event or program/service. Schedules facilities as approrpaite.
- Solicits volunteers, students and /or other staff members to help in the execution of the event or service.
- Develops marketing proposals for one or more program (s).
- Determines what marketing efforts are needed and creates budgetary proposals to carry out those marketing efforts.
- Designs promotional materials for the event or program/service or contracts with internal or external partners to develop such communications.
- Ensures quality, consistency, and effectiveness of all marketing communications.
- Acts as a liaison for the event or program/service by answering inquiries, providing information, and addressing concerns.
- May act as spokesperson for the event or program/service in local media.
- Plans and leads the execution of the event or program/service.
- Develops the overall logistical plan necessary to successfully carry out the event or program/service.
- Plans the timeline for the set and breakdown of the facilities.
- Write specifications, negotiates and monitors agreements for the procurement of services, supplies and equipment, according to University Purchasing policies and guidelines.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of the event or program/service to ensure compliance with Vanderbilt policies and procedures, as well as those of the funding source, if external.
- Empowered to make on-site decisions to resolves problems brought forth by participants, suppliers and vendors.
- Provides budgetary management to the event or program/service.
- Creates the budgetary proposal for the event or program/service and secures necessary approvals.
- Has responsibility to ensure that the event or program/service is executed on or under budget.
- Monitors expenditures and makes decisions on allocation of funds throughout the event or program/service.
- Makes purchases and requisitions items needed. May have signature authority for such purchases and requisitions.
- May write grant and contract proposals to develop funding sources.
- May manage staff, students and volunteers supporting the event or program/service.
- Determines appropriate staffing levels for the event or program/service.
- Hires, trains and supervises volunteers, student workers, or staff for the event or program/service.
- Coordinates or provides for the training of staff as needed.
- Makes salary determinations for students and staff in accordance with University policies & practices.
- Conducts or contributes to the annual performance evaluations for all staff and student workers.
Mastery of Microsoft PowerPoint is required
Experience designing & maintaining websites is required
Experience with Prezi and SharePoint is preferred
Project management experience is preferred
*There are 2 positions available.
Job requires Bachelor's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-VMG Business Office - Blakemore
Organization Ctr for Patient & Professional 104008PI75223423