HVAC Instructor, JOBS Grant (FY14-73)
The HVAC instructor for the Juvenile Offenders Building Skills (JOBS) Program will deliver National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Core and HVAC Level 1 training. He/she will be responsible for teaching HVAC content and skills to participants and for reinforcing the development of positive work attitudes. He/she will also provide oversight of community service project work activities by program participants and ensure service work meets high quality standards and all applicable building codes.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the college's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check and Motor Vehicle Record Check.
This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 pm EST Thursday, 04/17/14. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Experience Required
- High School Diploma.
- Certified Journey or Master HVAC Technician
- Prefer certification through the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Instructor Certification Training Program (ICTP) as a Core Curriculum and Craft Instructor
- Knowledge and experience in delivering education and training programs preferably to Ex-offender audience.
- Evidence of strong leadership ability and customer service skills.
- Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills.
- Maintenance of insurability under the college’s vehicle liability insurance plan.