Part Time Instructor - Head Women's Soccer Coach
Contra Costa Community College District
PART-TIME TEACHING OPPORTUNITY
PART TIME INSTRUCTOR - HEAD WOMEN’S SOCCER COACH
Location: Contra Costa College
Salary: $11,224.00 (5 payments)
• Direct all aspects of a Community College Soccer program as the head coach while working with the Athletic Director
• Recruitment of service area high schools and contiguous districts’ students/athletes
• Development of the Women’s Soccer program
• Maintain the schedule and budget of the Women’s Soccer program
• Selection of assistant coaches
• Possesses knowledge of all Commission on Athletics and Bay Valley Conference rules and regulations
• Fundraising for the Women’s Soccer Program
• Retention of students/athletes at the college level
(for instructors teaching physical education classes, including coaching):
• Master’s degree in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education OR
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND Master’s in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy OR
• Possess a valid California community college instructor credential in appropriate subject issued prior to July 1, 1990 (per California Education Code 87355) OR
• the equivalent.
• Have sensitivity to and understanding of multi-cultural, diverse environments and college students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Community college teaching experience.
• Coaching experience
Conditions of Employment:
Part-time teaching assignment(s) is for the 2014-2015 academic year. A teaching demonstration may be required during the interview process. Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential(s), transcripts, fingerprint results, and tuberculosis examination as required. Candidates selected for employment will be required to provide verification of work authorization in the form of a passport, valid driver's license, or other equivalent identification, and social security card.
How to Apply:
Please mail application packet to : Contra Costa College, Attn: John Wade- Athletics Department, 2600 Mission Bell Drive, San Pablo, Ca 94806 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A completed application will include the following:
1) Academic Application
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments. If you want to be considered for teaching in the PE/Kinesiology discipline, you will be asked to provide the following:
3) Photocopies of all pertinent transcripts as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.)
4) Evidence of a valid community college credential, if applicant holds one, must also be submitted. Applicants not submitting all the required materials will not receive consideration.
To download and print an Academic Application from our website, please click on following link: http://www.4cd.edu/career/forms/Academic%20Application.pdf
Questions: Contact John H. Wade II at (510) 215-4804
The Contra Costa Community College District is an equal opportunity employer.