Director, Center for International Trade Development (CITD) - District
Director, Center for International Trade Development (CITD) - District
Riverside Community College District
Application Deadline: 04/11/2014 Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Department: CITD (D)
Position Type: Classified Management/Supervisor
Physical location of the position: Offsite Location
If off-site, please specify location: Office of Economic Development - Corona
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Length: 12-month
Salary Range: Grade R
Salary Amount: $74,543 - $90,753
Salary Type: Annual
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? Yes
If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through: December 31, 2014
Under the supervision of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Economic and Community Development, is responsible for providing international business technical assistance to local business, industry, and individuals that need or are interested in international trade development. Under the Doing What Matters initiative, serve as the in-region contact and Deputy Sector Navigator for Global Trade & Logistics, working with the region's colleges and employers to create alignment around and deliver on workforce training and career pathways.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution preferably in business or related discipline with exposure to international business or international relations.
At least three years directly related experience in international business education, export promotion or export assistance, and knowledge of government resources and policies that promote trade. Experience in public speaking and writing grants and proposals is desired.
International trade organizations, both public and private that promote trade in California or the United States.
Excellent English language written and oral communication skills is required. The ability to write, read, and speak a second language other than English is desired.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, staff, faculty, local, state, and federal agencies and organizations, Chamber of Commerce, women's development agencies, customs, agents and distributors.
Normal office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. As Deputy Sector Navigator for Global Trade and Logistics, support the CCCCO by:
a. Meeting goals as written in the approved and awarded Deputy Sector Navigator (DSN) application.
b. Leading regional efforts in identifying opportunities.
c. Establishing collaborative systems and structures that involve regional secondary and post-secondary schools and industry partners.
d. Integrating resources to design and deliver workforce training and business development services into regional projects that advance and sustain California's economic growth and increase jobs through global trade.
2. Supports the Statewide CITD Director and Sector Navigator by:
a. Providing technical and program support to 15 state-wide partners under the California State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) program.
b. Providing global digital marketing services to all STEP partners, including website and social media content management, digital flyers and brochures, translated marketing pieces, and dissemination.
3. Provides technical assistance to clients by:
a. Identifying potential markets for their business product or service.
b. Conducting international market research.
c. Developing international trade leads.
d. Assisting with the establishment of contract.
e. Identifying qualified agents and distributors for local products in foreign markets.
f. Identifying appropriate international financing and licensing.
g. Providing assistance with logistics, international shipping, and customs regulations.
h. Developing follow-up strategies in order to maintain and expand stable foreign markets for local products.
i. Providing import/export training and counseling.
j. Developing international exchange and business development programs.
4. Maintains a system of data collection and reporting for the DSN/CITD and California STEP program to satisfy state and local requirements such as:
a. Consulting and technical assistance services.
b. Curriculum development and dissemination
c. Number of clients served per month.
d. Nature of consulting/technical assistance provided.
5. Assists in the promotion of California STEP and CITD programs and services by disseminating information and marketing center services through digital marketing, local Chambers of Commerce, women's development agencies, and federal and state agencies whose mission is to promote international trade.
6. Develops partnerships with local, state, and federal agencies and organizations, which promote and encourage international trade.
7. Maintains close working relationship with the regional colleges and faculty in promoting international trade/business education.
8. Assists the Department Chairs of Business Administration in the Desert Regional Consortium and Associate Vice Chancellor of Economic and Community Development to develop and modify credit curriculum on topics related to global trade and logistics.
9. Assists in the development, preparation and submission of grant proposals.
10. Performs additional duties required to achieve project objectives and activities and meet grant requirements. Perform data inquiries on the Internet to access information via the National Trade Data Bank and other databases as applicable.
11. Chairs and provides staff support to the CITD advisory group comprised of representatives from faculty, business, government, other educational institutions and the community.
12. Serves as a member of the Management Leadership Association.
13. Maintains an understanding of current ideas, research and practices pertaining to the areas of responsibility for this position, through continued study and participation in professional organizations.
14. Performs other related responsibilities as may be assigned.
Conditions of Employment:
This is a Classified Management position with twelve-month contracts. Paid vacation, 22 days annually; and paid accruable sick leave, 12 days annually. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than 12 months. The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the need to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities. For more information, contact (951) 222-8039.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Chani Beeman, 450 E. Alessandro Blvd., Riverside, CA 92508. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
To apply, visit http://jobs.rcc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=54914>
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 3
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Effective Employment Date: A mutually agreed upon start date.
Application Deadline: 04-11-14
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted: Classified/Management/Confidential Application