Adjunct College I Instructors
Adjunct College I Instructors
Instructor Eligibility Pool
Pasadena City College
Temporary, Hourly As Needed Position Without Permanent Status
We are accepting applications on an on-going basis for future consideration into the Eligibility Pool. The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, College resources, needs, and Board of Trustees' approval. When no review date is listed for an Adjunct Instructor position, the position is open until filled. Your application cannot be considered until all required documents have been received.
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Pasadena City College is hiring part-time College I Instructors. Adjunct faculty plan classes, develop implement and evaluate teaching/learning objectives and student learning outcomes, and participate in the evaluation, revision and development of curriculum. Adjunct faculty undertake the divisional and professional responsibilities of a part-time faculty member, including office hours.
Possession of a California Community College Instructor Credential in a related teaching area; OR - Master’s degree;
OR - The equivalent (Applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications and request to be considered under equivalent qualifications are reviewed by a five-member committee from the Academic Senate before an invitation to interview can be extended);
AND - The ability to demonstrate clear evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
ASSIGNMENT AND SALARY
Adjunct faculty must be available to teach Monday through Friday (day and evening), as well as Saturday classes. Adjunct faculty may not teach more than 67% of the full-time equivalent load of regular full-time faculty.
Successful applicants will be paid at an hourly rate to be determined from the Adjunct Credit Semester Faculty Salary Schedule which is available online at www.pasadena.edu/hr/compensation.cfm.
The mission of Pasadena City College is to provide a high quality, academically robust learning environment that encourages, supports and facilitates student learning and success. The College provides an academically rigorous and comprehensive curriculum for students pursuing educational and career goals as well as learning opportunities designed for individual development. The College is committed to providing access to higher education for members of the diverse communities within the District service area and to offering courses, programs, and other activities to enhance the economic conditions and the quality of life in these communities.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
All materials listed below are required for your application packet to be considered complete:1. Official District application form
2. Professional Resume
3. Transcripts verifying education and degree(s) required for this position. Unofficial copies may be submitted for application purposes, however official transcripts must be submitted upon offer of employment. Copies of diplomas are not acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Foreign transcripts and degrees require official certification of equivalency to U.S. transcripts and degrees by a certified U.S. review service at the time of application.
To access application materials online, please visit our Web site: http://www.pasadena.edu. To request the District application by telephone, call 626.585.7257. Submit all required materials to:
Office of Human Resources (C204) Pasadena City College
1570 E. Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, CA 91106
Fax: (626) 585-7924
All supporting documentation should include position name and/or position number. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the official application packet is fully and correctly completed. All materials submitted are for this position only and become the property of the District. Materials, including USB flash drives, compact disks and slides will NOT be returned, copied or considered for other openings.
The hiring committee will review, evaluate, and consider applications and supporting materials for all complete applications. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. It is therefore, important that the application be thorough and detailed. After a review of applications received, the District may require the completion and submission of supplemental documents prior to the interview process. A teaching demonstration may be required at the interview stage.
Positions are open until filled. The department may review materials at any time based on enrollment needs. Human Resources will contact selected applicants for the interview process. Qualified applicants who successfully complete the selection and interview process will be placed in the eligibility pool and may be eligible for adjunct employment with the District anytime within the next 36 months.
• Successful applications must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
• Applicants must be available for interviews at Pasadena City College at no cost to the District.
• Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting the Office of Human Resources directly at (626) 585-7388.
• The Pasadena Area Community College District does not discriminate in the educational programs and activities operated by the District or in employment procedures and practices of the District. The Policies of Title IX as developed to date are available for inspection during normal business hours at the District office at 1570 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91106.
• Crime awareness and campus security information are available from Campus Police. (Public Law 101-542)
• The Pasadena Area Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. The District encourages applications from underrepresented minorities and the disabled.
• An applicant, who attempts to contact individual Board members or members of the screening committee with the intent of influencing the decision of the committee or the Board, will be disqualified. General inquiries regarding the position and/or District employment should be directed to the Office of Human Resources.
PASADENA AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT Equal Opportunity, Title IX, Section 504 Employer