Public Policy Researcher for the William J. Hughes Center for Public Policy
Position Number 001029
- Conduct public policy research for the William J. Hughes Center for Public Policy (www.stockton.edu/hughescenter).
- Deliver results of research through seminars, workshops, lectures, websites, publications, conference presentations. Prepare written reports, memos, letters, newsletters, emails, web-site content, social media, op-ed pieces, speeches, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Research may be conducted by Public Policy Researcher on an individual basis, as a leader of a research team, or in support of a faculty member.
- Position would report directly to the Director of the William J. Hughes Center.
- Master’s degree in a social science from an accredited college or university; Ph.D., post docs, etc. are encouraged to apply.
- Writing research proposals
- Ethical standards in research
- APA writing style
- Survey research design and analysis
- Qualitative research design and analysis
- Online data collection methods
- Basic and inferential statistics including working knowledge of SPSS
- Ability to research and write grants.
- Candidates with research or applied experience in any or all of the following areas are favored: civic engagement; economic impact and analysis; voter behavior; state and local government and politics.
Salary and Benefits:
- 60% part-time position, $40,000 per year
Term of Employment
- 1-Year contract (standard)
- Position located on the Galloway, NJ campus
Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, writing samples, and three professional references (with phone numbers and emails) to HughesCenter@stockton.edu.
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager, at 609-652-4384.