Director of Curriculum Development
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Office Building/Campus: Los Angeles- Downtown
Home Department: Academic Affairs
Position Type: Staff Position
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
We are currently searching for a Director of Curriculum Development to join the National Office of Academic Affairs. This is a full-time staff position. Under the direction of the AVP of Academic Affairs, the Director of Curriculum Development will be responsible for leading the process by which curriculum is continually developed, updated, evaluated, and revised. The result of this process will be institution-wide consistent and standardized curriculum for existing and emerging programs regardless of the delivery method. This position reports directly to the AVP for Academic Affairs and interacts with national and campus academic leadership on a regular basis.
- Provide leadership and collaborate with AVP of Academic Affairs, faculty, and deans in the design of new and current programs to facilitate student learning through curriculum development including curriculum mapping of student learning outcomes and multiple methods of assessment
- Manage all elements of TCSPP’s curriculum and program development and revision meeting the needs of the Academic Program Review and all accrediting agencies
- Engage faculty the Academic Program Review schedule for the review and revision of curriculum development, review, and evaluation in order to ensure integrity, rigor, and currency
- Facilitate processes that maintain quality and contribute to consistency and comparability of curriculum between on-ground, blended, and online delivery methods
- Prioritize projects, establish timelines, and manage resources including use of the Learning Management system to address issues and development of curriculum
- Lead the development of standardized assessment and data collection from signature assignments as defined by program curriculum mapping
- Review alignment of curriculum with external certifications and licensure where appropriate
- Assist the AVP of Academic Affairs and corporate compliance manager with the submission of accreditation and regulatory documents pertaining to curriculum
- Collaborate with TCS Education System and other TCSPP partners to ensure smooth and accurate advancement of all curriculum-related matters.
- Propose changes to existing processes or identify new processes that support the curriculum
- Collaborate with Assessment Specialist, faculty, and AVP of Academic Affairs and the National Center for Teaching and Learning, to compile data from a variety of sources to help monitor TCSPP’s learning outcomes performance
- Organize and manage agendas, action plans and reports
Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- At least three years of experience in education; curriculum development and management in higher education settings preferred.
- Significant teaching experience.
- Previous supervisory, departmental and leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience and proficiency with producing high-quality, original written reports suitable for internal and external presentations.
- Expertise in project management.
- Evidence of advocacy for inclusive diversity.
- Evidence of effective team work.
Increasing levels of responsibility in achieving outcomes within non-negotiable timelines; increasing levels of experience and independence in project management and ability to organize and track complex projects with multiple constituencies; success in writing for an external audience; background in social science research.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.PI74974391