Compliance Program Manager
Compliance Program Manager - 61635
As a major Silicon Valley employer, Stanford University has a challenging opportunity for the right individual. At Stanford, we are not just about finding your “next job”, but where we hope you will discover a rewarding career, as well as life- changing experience filled with rich traditions, a deep passion for collaboration and innovation, an unparalleled respect for diversity and creative freedom, and a culture of excellence.
Why Stanford? As one of the world’s premier research institutions, Stanford devotes tremendous resources toward the betterment of humanity. Hundreds of initiatives — in everything from medicine to engineering, the environment, peace, and national security — create an atmosphere humming with intelligence and excitement.
This opportunity: The Compliance Program Manager role will perform a wide range of tasks in support of Stanford’s compliance, privacy and ERM activities, including risk assessment and mitigation, investigations, and training, under the supervision of the Director of Institutional Compliance. S/he will provide guidance to less experienced colleagues.
- Conduct complex and in-depth assessments of individual compliance risk areas and recommend opportunities for improvement. Communicate the results via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Assist in developing and implementing annual compliance and ERM plans based on ongoing risk assessment activities.
- Assist Director in overseeing Compliance Helpline activities. Conduct and coordinate investigations of suspected misconduct in conjunction with other university resources. Prepare and review investigation reports to ensure they support conclusions and results.
- Assist in developing and implementing compliance training.
- Evaluate emerging compliance trends in higher education and government and assist in implementing best practices.
- Provide guidance and direction to Compliance Analyst regarding program activities and priorities.
- Develop and maintain productive customer and staff relationships.
We are not able to provide relocation or sponsorship for this position. Stanford University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest!
Minimum Education and Experience Required
Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of U.S. Federal Sentencing Guidelines for Organizations required
- Experience conducting compliance risk assessments and investigations
- Demonstrates initiative, excellent judgment and sound decision-making to obtain viable solutions.
- Independent and requires little supervision on all but unique matters.
- May recommend changes in policy or practice based on new data or situations.
To apply, please visit: http://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu/job-search?jobId=61635
Stanford University is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and persons with disabilities.