LEAVE OF ABSENCE SPECIALIST - Human Resources
In support of the university''s mission to be a high quality educational and research institution, Human Resources partners with university communities to provide a broad array of programs and services.
We are committed to providing excellent service. We partner with management to recruit and retain a highly qualified diverse staff; facilitate positive employee relations; train to enhance employee skills, performance and job satisfaction. We create and implement programs to increase organizational effectiveness; we design and deliver fair, competitive benefit and compensation programs, and administer payroll services.
Working together in a spirit of continuous improvement and collaboration, the Human Resources team contributes to a progressive and productive work environment that meets the challenges of a changing world.
The Leave of Absence Specialist will provide customer service and support to all non-faculty staff on the Medford/Somerville, Boston and Grafton campuses regarding all aspects of employee absence management; is the subject matter expert regarding all types of paid and unpaid employee leaves of absence, including but not limited to: FMLA, MMLA, Parental Leave, and Military Leave; be responsible for handling phone calls, electronic notifications, and written inquiries while providing prompt, accurate, and customer focused service; will adhere to HIPAA guidelines when requesting, receiving and working with all forms of when working with Private Medical Information (PMI); have a solid understanding of federal, state and local regulations and guidelines; apply university Handbook and Collective Bargaining Agreement policies and protocols to all leaves, working directly with HR Business Partners on all three campuses; track leaves electronically; respond to information and report requests and provide support and guidance to Faculty Affairs Officers regarding Faculty leaves as needed.
- 3 years of related work experience. Bachelor’s Degree. Proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel. Experience working with an online case management system. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of and experience in applying FMLA and MMLA must be able to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines. Ability to handle confidential material/issues and employee files; demonstrated problem-solving skills; ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds. Ability to maintain the highest level of customer service at all times. An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
- 5+ years of experience preferred.
- Experience working in an academic or non-profit setting is a plus.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
- Some travel may be required to other campuses.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.