Adjunct Faculty - Forensic Psychology Department - Chicago Campus
Location: Chicago, IL
Office Building/Campus: Chicago- Merchandise Mart
Home Department: Forensic Program
Position Type: Faculty Position
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Forensic Psychology Program at The Chicago School is currently seeking qualified individuals to teach courses in the curriculum during our Summer semester beginning May 12, 2014. All courses at The Chicago School’s Downtown Chicago Campus follow a 14 week semester schedule.
The Forensic Psychology department is seeking qualified Adjunct Faculty to teach the following courses:
- FO635B Group Processes of Therapy; Mon./Wed; 2P-4:50P
- FO635E Group Processes of Therapy; Mon/Wed; 6P- 8:50P
- FO636B Family Systems and Family Therapy; Mon/Wed; 5P- 7:50P
- FO647C Diversity in Forensic Psychology; Tues/Thur; 1P- 3:50P
- FO647E Diversity in Forensic Psychology; Mon/Wed; 1P- 3:50P
- PF705A History and Systems of Psychology; Mon; 9A- 12:50P
- PF762A Family Law; Thurs; 1P- 4:50P
The primary responsibility of adjunct faculty members is to enrich courses by sharing theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject, encouraging direct application to the workplace within the field of Forensic Psychology.
All adjunct faculty members at The Chicago School are expected to be available and responsive to students during the course. This “availability” includes:
- Active participation in the discussion forum;
- Timely grading of assignments and providing quality feedback;
- Being available outside of regular class meetings to address student’s questions and concerns
Adjuncts will be provided course syllabi with recommended course texts prior to beginning the teaching assignment.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology related field
- Previous online teaching experience (3 years preferred);
- Exemplary professional experience;
- Engagement in research and scholarship (preferred).
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist (depends on course taught)
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.PI74846221