Academic and Transfer Advisor, PRIN (FY14-66)
The Academic and Transfer Advisor will play an integral role in assisting the campus with its student success and goal completion activities by providing academic advising services as well as coordinating transfer services at the Prince Frederick campus; including collaborating with internal and external transfer services professionals, developing and executing the annual campus transfer fairs, and conducting on-going transfer service activities to assist our students with making informed program and transfer decisions.
The work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week, 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m; one evening per week 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and occasional Saturdays will be required. Flexibility is required.
When applying for this position, please be prepared to answer the following question:
- What rationale would you use to impress upon new college students the importance of attending a transfer fair during their first year?
College of Southern Maryland conducts background checks in order to ensure the safety and well-being of the college's staff and students. The final candidate for this position will be subject to the following background checks: Criminal History Check.
This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by 11:59 pm EST Thursday, 04/10/14. The College of Southern Maryland is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor degree required with two years experience in advising or related field
- Knowledge and experience in assisting students in a college setting in academic and/or career development
- Ability to lead group workshops
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population with wide variety of needs
- Knowledge of community resources accessible to customers
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Experience with computer data entry and Microsoft office suite
- Position requires high level of confidentiality