Senior Recruitment and Enrollment Specialist
Job Location GW Graduate Education Center - 413 John Carlyle St - AL0001
Campus Location: Alexandria
Division/Vice President: Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (AA)
College/School/Department: College of Professional Studies (CPS)
II. POSITION INFORMATION
Internal Applicants Only? No
Position Type: Administrative/Professional
Posting Number: Staff - 003327
Working Title: Senior Recruitment and Enrollment Specialist
Work Schedule: Normally M-F 8:30-5:30, with some evenings and weekends
Total Hours Per Week: 40
Pay Grade: 15
Recruitment Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, Sex Offender Registry Search, and Prior Employment Verification
If other was selected above, or there are special requirements, please explain.
If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:
Job Open Date: 03/27/2014
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applicant Review Will Commence On:
III. JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT INFORMATION
Founded in 1821, GW is the largest institution of higher education in the District of Columbia, to include ten academic units, with a full-time equivalent enrollment of a little over 20,000 students and approximately 11,000 full-time and part-time employees (faculty and staff). The George Washington University is a community dedicated to learning, communication, respect, service and teamwork. As one of the largest private employers in the District of Columbia, the university seeks employees who support the teaching, research, and public service mission of the university.
Job Description Summary:
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus three years of relevant experience. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience in sales/recruitment, marketing, or program management.
• Proficiency with spreadsheets and word processing software; excellent oral communication skills; strong presentation skills.
• Familiarity with CRM/CMS database and application software(preference for Salesforce and Hobson’s
• Connect/ApplyYourself). Experience in a higher education environment is desired.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The Senior Recruitment and Enrollment Specialist (SRES) actively contributes to the development of the strategic and tactical marketing and recruitment plan, which is developed collaboratively with the Marketing manager (the project lead) and the Program Director. The SRES provides important insights and recommendations, based on his/her recruitment data and experience, for achieving the annual enrollment goals.
• Utilizing CRM database, contacts individuals who have indicated an interest in the assigned programs, encouraging them to attend an information briefing or otherwise furthering their interest in the programs.
o Advise prospective students using a consultative process.
o Coordinate classroom visits or other contacts with Program Directors and faculty for prospective students as appropriate.
• Adhere to the College''s lead management guidelines and ensure quality and accuracy of all communications (phone, e-mail, other).
• Utilize CRM database tools to efficiently track each interaction and the progress of all assigned leads.
• Update information in the CRM database, as needed, including templates, filters, etc.
• Run reports from CRM tracking source of leads, follow up on leads, etc.
• Review previous enrollment data and assist in the process of forecasting current term enrollments and enrollment metrics (e.g., conversion).
Develop leads, encouraging them to become contacts, and encourage qualified prospect contacts to initiate and complete applications by employing a consultative sales/recruitment approach. This includes:
• Research, plan, and represent the assigned programs at information briefings for prospective students, sales calls to companies and agencies, and at trade shows, education fairs, and other appropriate venues.
• Provide information on the program content, the application process, scholarship requirements, and financial aid
• Make administrative and logistical arrangements for information briefings, events to promote the programs, and other related events.
• Run reports from application system to identify those prospective students whose applications are in-progress (in the pre-submit stage). Monitor application process to ensure effective communication in tandem with application deadlines and encourage timely completion.
• Have a weekly phone meeting with Admissions team to discuss application numbers and pending issues and ensure smooth transitioning of prospects to submitted applicants.
Work in concert with marketing department, sharing feedback on the quality of leads by outreach effort and making plan/program suggestions, as appropriate.
Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
The George Washington University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.PI74809262