Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance
The College of Saint Rose is a dynamic, comprehensive college of nearly 5,000 students. Located in the city of Albany, the heart of New York State's Capital District, the College is a private, independent, coeducational institution, sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Carondelet. Through a strong liberal education curriculum and progressive academic programs, Saint Rose serves traditional students and working professionals in undergraduate, graduate degree and certificate programs.
The College of Saint Rose is an award winning employer. We are a six time recipient of the Chronicle of Higher Education's prestigious "GREAT COLLEGES TO WORK FOR award, and have been recognized by the Capital District Business Review and the Times Union as a top workplace . Our employees enjoy a close-knit community based on the values of honesty, trust, respect, fairness, responsibility and the free exchange of ideas.
The purpose of this position is to monitor and ensure compliance and academic eligibility in accordance with NCAA and Northeast-10 Conference rules and regulations regarding all College athletics teams and programs.. The Compliance Officer will manage and oversee athletics department compliance responsibilities toward meeting NCAA rules, regulations and principles as generally outlined in Bylaw 2 in the NCAA Division II Manual. Additional responsibilities include academic outreach and monitoring for student athletes.
- Monitor and coordinate Eligibility Center status for prospects and College student-athletes
- Complete eligibility paperwork and evaluation for transfer student-athletes
- Provide compliance monitoring training to coaches and monitor CAi data entry
- Monitor and track practice/game/countable activities (CARA) for pre-season, in-season and off-season
- Monitor and track recruiting activities, including processing of official visits and off-campus travel forms
- Respond to rules and interpretation requests from staff
- Prepare and process transfer in/out requests, including permission to contact forms and SA releases
- Input all student-athlete roster names into Banner each semester and maintain records of SA status changes
- Prepare and process waiver requests and NCAA reports as needed
- Track student-athlete academic success and normal progress toward degree requirements
- Monitor weekly study hall hours, review grade reports each semester, and inform coaches/students of status changes
- Communicate with faculty regarding team travel, student injury/missed classes and academic progress (First Alert)
- Serve on athletics recruitment committee and prepare reports as needed
- Attend required meetings as a member of the department's management team
- Assist with management of NE10 and NCAA events hosted by Saint Rose
- Actively participate in department meetings and assist with and support special events (ie. department fundraisers, alumni events, Hall of Fame, Lifeskills)
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years experience administering programs requiring compliance with NCAA regulations
- Experience using/administering NCAA compliance tools such as CAi and LSDBi
- Participation in ongoing professional development related to NCAA compliance training
- Intermediate level computer skills using a Windows based operating system, specifically MS Word, Excel, is required.
- A valid drivers license
- Annual First Aid/CPR/AED certification
Full Year, Full time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary range $38,000-$40,000 depending upon experience
Compensation includes a competitive salary range and comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan to further enhance your knowledge and skills, retirement plans through TIAA-CREF, and wellness programs including the use of our extensive fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.
The College of Saint Rose is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and secure environment for the entire college community and upon request will provide its annual security report. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of Safety and Security at 518-454-5187 or on line at http://www.strose.edu/officesandresources/campus_security/safetyreportandcleryact
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a College of Saint Rose Employment Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover letter including salary history
- Current contact information for three professional references
Already have a College of Saint Rose Employment Account? Login to add documents or update your account.PI74753293