Dist. Director, Curriculum Development & Learning Outcomes Assessment
Department Name Outcomes Assessment
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number 202-14
Reports To Vice President, Academic Affairs
Job Category Administrator
Position Type Full-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Directs and manages the District Office of Curriculum Development & Learning Outcomes Assessment. .
• Analyzes faculty and staff curriculum development needs; provides leadership for faculty and staff development on curriculum design, and learning-centered outcomes-based curriculum and assessment.
• Coordinates all activities related to curriculum development from initial concept to the Ohio Board of Regents approval.
• Provides leadership and guidance for faculty, staff program managers, deans, and campus presidents in the curriculum change process.
• Develops and monitors the implementation of policies and procedures for curricular development (including electronic systems) and ensures all curricula developed are outcomes-based in support of the College’s degree requirements.
• Maintains all curriculum documentation (e.g., official course outlines and proposals, Committee on Curriculum and Degree Requirements (CADRE) minutes, internal and external agency audits).
• Monitors and assures technical accuracy and quality in the curriculum and compliance with State and College policies governing curricula.
• Serves as the institution’s technical resource and curricular liaison with Ohio Board of Regents rules and regulations and College practices.
•Minimum of five (5) years of work experience developing curriculum in a higher
•Experience applying learning outcomes
•Knowledge of higher education curriculum purpose and design, curriculum development processes, general system rules and regulations and transfer requirements
•Technologically literate and able to use MS office
•Strong analytical writing and editing skills
•Ability to manage a department budget
•Ability to facilitate work teams
•Accuracy and attention to detail
•Strong time management skills and ability to work effectively under the stress of timelines
•Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
•Ability to collaborate with both internal and external regulatory agencies
•Ability to work across organizational lines and effectively with faculty
•Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
•Experience applying instructional design theories and principles
•Knowledge of Ohio Board of Regents Curriculum Rules and Regulations
Standard College hours of business Monday through Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
Posting Open Date 03/26/2014
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Master's degree?
- * Do you possess a minimum of five (5) years of work experience developing curriculum in a higher education setting?
- * Do you possess knowledge of higher education curriculum purpose and design, curriculum development processes, general sysem rules and regulations and transfer requirements?
- No Knowledge
- Limited Knowledge
- Moderate Knowledge
- Extensive Knowledge
- * Do you have experience applying learning outcomes?
- No Experience
- Minimal Experience
- Moderate Experience
- Extensive Experience
- * Do you have experience applying instructional design theories and principles?
- * Are you a current, tenured faculty member at Cuyahoga Community College?
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency: specify name below
- Other publication: specify name below
- Other web site: specify name below
- Career Fair: specify name below
- Conference: specify name below
- Other: specify below
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae