Adjunct Faculty, Urban Studies
Campus or Location Eastern Campus, Metropolitan Campus, Western Campus
Vacancy Number PT007-14
Reports To Associate Dean
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Part-Time Faculty
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings Multiple
Job Description Summary
Teaches a full range of courses in Urban Studies.
Master’s degree in History, Political Science, Urban Studies, or related field.
Willingness to learn and/or have experience in the use of instructional technologies to teach traditional, hybrid and/or distance learning classes, and /or as a supplement
Knowledge and skills in a variety of computer usage and software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
In addition to the qualifications listed for each position, the ideal candidate will show evidence of:
• Demonstrated teaching experience
• Minimum of one year experience teaching in an online or blended environment.
• Experience using quality metrics (i.e. Quality Matters, Sloan 5 Pillars, etc.) to design and develop courses.
• Ability to develop new curriculum and learning units in anticipation of changes in market discipline.
• Belief that individuals can make a difference in the lives of students.
• Excellence in teaching and facilitating the learning process for students, learning and using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to learner demographics and learning styles.
• Belief in the value of working and learning in a diverse environment.
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills.
• Ability to adapt to dynamic multi-campus organizational work environments.
• Being a successful advocate for new initiatives in curriculum or delivery.
• Understanding and embracing the mission of the community college.
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline.
• Possessing the energy and persistence to motivate and support others to pursue the larger goal.
• Being skilled in building strategic alliances both within and across disciplines, and within and outside the College
To be determined based on business unit need. Classes may be offered during the day, evening and/or weekend. Please indicate your availability when applying for this position.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
This is a part-time (adjunct) faculty position. The rate is pending Board approval.
Adjunct faculty positions are ongoing pooled positions. Therefore, your materials will remain on file and be reviewed on an as needed basis for adjunct faculty positions throughout the academic year 2013-2014 (Fall, Spring and Summer Semester).
In the event you are called for an interview, please have copies/unofficial or official transcripts for the required degree and 2 professional letters of reference available to bring with you at the time of interview.
Posting Open Date 05/22/2013
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a Master's degree or higher in History, Political Science, Urban Studies or related field?
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript 1
- Transcript 2
- Transcript 3