PROGRAM ASSISTANT - Programs Abroad
The office of Tufts Programs Abroad maintains Tufts' own undergraduate study-abroad programs in Chile, China, Ghana, Hong Kong, Japan, London, Madrid, Oxford, Paris, and Tübingen (Germany) and facilitates students' participation in non-Tufts foreign study programs throughout the world. About 45% of the junior class (about 550 individuals) studies abroad for a semester or a full academic year.
The Program Assistant:
• provides administrative support to the Associate Dean/Director of Tufts Programs Abroad and the Resident Directors of the ten programs;
• manages the admission process for about 250 students applying to Tufts programs each year;
• coordinates students' travel arrangements;
• orients foreign exchange students;
• makes arrangements for visitors;
• manages the enrollment and course registration processes on the home campus for students on Tufts programs;
• supervises student workers in the Medford office;
• and serves as a back-up advisor for Tufts and non-Tufts study-abroad programs.
High School diploma and a minimum of 1 year of general office experience. Must have experience with Microsoft Word, as well as experience with databases and spreadsheets. Must successfully complete all appropriate background checks as required.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Experience booking travel and arranging for student visas, foreign language ability, international travel experience and cross-cultural skills are desirable. Experience working in a university is a plus.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.