Systems Specialist, Software Developer
Systems Specialist, Software Developer (Full-time Position – Professional Bargaining Unit) – Under the direct supervision of the Director of Information Services, will perform the following duties: participate in research, planning and implementing systematic alterations, create technical documentation, administer systems applications, assist in advanced troubleshooting of systems, assist in business process automation, design and develop programing solutions for information systems, provide internal expertise regarding information systems, assist in the creation and implementation of systems integration efforts, and perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Services.
- Associate’s degree in computer science or closely related field required.
- Knowledge of advanced computer programming and scripting techniques.
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL and T-SQL.
- Experience working within the Linux server environment, especially a Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP environment.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining open-source and proprietary applications.
- Experience working with content management systems and computer programming frameworks.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Willingness and ability to work non-traditional schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for handling sensitive systems and data.
Additional Preferred Requirements
- Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague Studio development environment.
- Knowledge of the Envision Basic programming language.
- Experience working within Microsoft server environments.
- Experience working with learning management systems, especially Moodle.
Hocking College staff who are interested in applying for the above position should submit an updated resume to the Human Resources Office by 5:00 pm on Monday, April 14, 2014.
An Equal Opportunity Employer