Assistant Professor (PEDL) Professional Education Distance Learning Assistant Professor
- Teach SEP (Standards of Effective Practice) courses, content area classes, but also teach other graduate and undergraduate courses, in traditional, online, and/or hybrid settings. Example courses include (but are not limited to): Foundations, Educational Psychology, Pedagogy, Math Methods, Science Methods, Social Studies Methods, Elementary Art and Music, Language Arts, Content Area Reading, Developmental Reading in the Middle School, and graduate level courses.
- Supervise student teachers.
- Assist the department with CAEP accreditation and Board of Teaching program approvals.
- Contribute to a program of scholarship within the discipline, student advising, service to the University and community, program assessment, and other associated faculty duties.
- Participate in activities that support Bemidji State University's signature themes: environmental stewardship, civic engagement, global/multicultural understanding.
- The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to a collegial and supportive environment that advances the goals of the department, including curriculum development, assessment, and other departmental duties.
- This is a distance learning position and does not require a full-time presence on the Bemidji State University campus in Bemidji, MN. Attendance on campus will be required for specific events and applicant should reside close enough to drive to Bemidji with a one-day notice.
- Earned doctorate in education or related field with preparation from a regionally accredited university or college is preferred. ABD considered (if terminal degree can be completed within the first year).
- Documented expertise in K-12 instruction, with at least three years of recent K-12 teaching experience required.
- Strong technology skills as demonstrated digital skills to deliver quality instruction are required.
- Willingness and ability to advise undergraduate and graduate students, and serve on Department Committees as well as Master level research paper/thesis/project committees as advisor, committee member, or graduate representative.
- Willingness and ability help seek out and establish new students and partnerships in a variety of new markets and venues including domestic and international partnerships.
- Willingness and ability to be involved with interdisciplinary teaching, travel, and delivering quality instruction in an online/hybrid environment.
- Willingness and ability to contribute significantly to team responsibilities within unique distributed learning teacher licensure programs, engage in recruitment strategies, perform advising responsibilities, and fulfill other contractual requirements.
- Experience supervising student teachers or mentoring current teachers.
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary level.
- Experience with CAEP accreditation processes.
- Background in teaching in content areas or specialty areas including Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts, Language Immersion Programs, English Language Learner (ELL), Response to Intervention (RTI) with secondary experience preferred.
- Experience working with Minnesota state standards for K-12 preferred, but experience with other state standards will be considered.
- Knowledge of course management software, electronic portfolio management software (e.g., TaskStream) and instructional technology applications.
- The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations. Additional consideration will be given to applicants with social, cultural, or life experiences with American Indian and/or other ethnic minority groups.
- A background in philosophy and organization of middle/secondary schools
- Candidate must be prepared to show evidence of using technological and online resources (delivery platform such as D2L, Web 2.0 applications, devices such as IPad, interactive whiteboard, and others) for the integration of technology at the point of instruction in both online and face-to-face settings.
- Candidate should anticipate involvement in activities that support Bemidji State University's signature themes of: environmental stewardship, civic engagement, and global/multicultural understanding.
Apply online: http://www.bemidjistate.edu/offices/human_resources/employment/faculty_administrator/
A complete application will include the following attachments:
- Cover letter which addresses your background and qualifications (for example: a brief discussion of your philosophy of teaching including your experience with online and digital instructional delivery, teaching experience in P-12 and higher education, service on committees or other teams, experience with state standards etc.).
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial Transcripts of all coursework
- Contact information for three professional references. Off list references may be contacted as well.
- Persons providing a reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law, which can make such information available to applicants upon request.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire. Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/IFO_Plan_11_13.pdf
- Applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces (see policy)
Inquiries: Dr. Michael Urban, Chair, Department of Professional Education, 218-755-3782 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
Fixed Term/Externally Funded
August 19, 2014
April 7, 2014
Send materials to:
Bemidji State University
Bemidji, MN 56601
Human Resources Department
Phone: (218) 755-3966
NOTICE In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This document can be made available in alternative formats such as large print, Braille or audio tape by calling (651) 296-3816, 1(888) MnSCU-4-U or TTY (651) 282-2660. Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Employment Opportunities is available on the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities web site: http://www.mnscu.edu/about/jobopportunities/index.htmlPI73804451