Elizabeth City State University (ECSU) was founded as a teacher training school for African American students in the historic Albemarle region of northeastern North Carolina in 1891. Today, ECSU is one of the 17 constituent institutions of the University of North Carolina. Now at a pivotal moment in its history, ECSU seeks a Chancellor to help redefine its mission and envision its future by leading significant improvements in enrollment growth; teaching, learning and public service innovation; fiscal security and accountability; and community, regional, national and global engagement.
Desired Characteristics and Attributes
The Chancellor who seeks to lead ECSU into the future must have exceptional qualities and record of experiences, which must include the ability and willingness to do the following:
• Develop and proactively communicate a distinctive new direction that maximizes the university’s full potential, based on its strengths and past successes.
• Be a change agent who is willing to make bold mission-
driven and structural changes for the good of the university.
• Differentiate the university’s value proposition, focusing on its holistic academic experience, access and affordability, educational opportunity, nurturing environment, and legacy of student success.
• Advance the university’s vision, mission, goals and objectives through strategic budgeting, planning, monitoring and assessment.
• Identify, recruit, and develop a strong leadership team that complements the strengths of individual team members.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae and names of five professional references (with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers) by April 30, 2014, to assure full consideration. Those seeking to nominate potential candidates should send a letter of nomination. All inquiries, nominations and application materials should be sent electronically (submit Microsoft Word documents and refer to “ECSU Chancellor Search” in email subject line) to ECSU’s executive search partner The Hollins Group Inc. at: email@example.com
Visit the ECSU website at www.ecsu.edu/search/ for more information about the university and this search.
ECSU is committed to equality of educational opportunities and prohibits discrimination against applicants, students, or employees on the basis of race, sex, national origin, religion, age or disability.