Sr. Admissions Counselor
Location: Pasadena, CA
Office Building/Campus: Pasadena
Home Department: Admission
Position Type: Staff Position
Pacific Oaks College is an upper-division, accredited institution offering bachelors, masters, and certificate programs in human development, marital and family therapy, early childhood education, and teaching credentialing. It operates a main campus in Pasadena, CA and offers programs online and in several communities throughout California.
Founded more than 60 years ago Pacific Oaks College is dedicated to the principles of inclusion, social justice, and the valuing of every human being. The institution is known and recognized for its pioneering efforts to reduce bias within our nation's education system, and for equipping graduates with the skills they need to help people from diverse backgrounds, learning styles, and strengths uncover and realize their unique individual potentials.
We are looking for a Senior Admissions Counselor to join our Team!
The Senior Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting students for Pacific Oaks College degree programs. The Senior Admissions Counselor is responsible for all phases of the admission process, from successfully marketing the programs to qualifying students for admission selection and enrollment. The Senior Admissions Counselor will serve as a role model and mentor to others on the team. The Senior Counselor must be an excellent communicator, organized, results driven, dynamic and enthusiastic leader and team player.
- Clearly articulates the mission and value of the designated higher education affiliate institution(s) to prospective undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Provides superior customer service to students through the entire admission process.
- Consistently achieves performance expectations for each term by maintaining targeted conversion metrics at each stage of the admission process.
- Responds to all new inquiries quickly and maintains consistent communication with all students throughout the admission process. Completes an average of 30-50 outbound calls per day to reach prospective students in a timely manner.
- Conducts telephone-based and on site personal interviews/consultations to qualify prospective students on their educational goals and interests, to explain available academic programs, to advise them on admission requirements, and to ensure that all admission paperwork is completed properly. Provides more in-depth counseling for undecided students.
- Makes decisions and/or recommendations concerning admission, appropriately adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Produces accurate applicant and inquiry reports, including forecasts, on a regular basis.
- Mentoring/training duties and special projects to support other team members on admissions policies, procedures and activities.
- Assist others with product knowledge mastery, technology and process effective usage, and other best practices for successful new student recruitment.
- Works closely with teammates and managers to assist in driving the achievement of the team’s overall performance benchmarks.
- Assist admissions supervisor team with on-campus and off-campus events (Open Houses, Admission Fairs and Information Sessions)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to represent the organization in a professional manner, recruit and work within a diverse community, and follow all policies and procedures with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and listening abilities: persuasive and negotiation skills, strong professional writing, public speaking, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong recruitment, sales, and customer service skills combined with a strong work ethic and a goal-oriented, self-motivated approach toward achieving consistent results.
- Leadership, organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and planning capabilities.
- Computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as experience using customer relationship management systems and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (Master’s degree preferred).
- Minimum 2 year of success in the Admissions Counselor role at a WASC accredited College or University.
- Minimum 1 year experience training adult learners in customer service and product delivery areas.
- Mastery of processes and technologies utilized with the ability to assist others
- Knowledge of accreditation/regulatory best practices and benchmark standards
- Demonstrated productivity and ability to perform at the next career level
- The ability to work evenings and some Saturdays is required.
- Some travel may also be required.
Pacific Oaks College offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), and tuition discounts.
Pacific Oaks College is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.