Data Processor (Temporary) - Graduate Admissions (629-568)
The primary function of this position is to process applications as well as maintain and update students’ records in PeopleSoft. Other functions of this position are to assist the Director, other Data Processors, and the Inquiry Coordinator with data entry and file compilation.
- High School Diploma
- Two years of general office experience with a working knowledge of database systems and Microsoft Office Products.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
1) Processing graduate applications and inquiries
- Create and maintain new application files and inquires in PeopleSoft as well as those who are returning or changing their programs.
- Assemble application files: search for applications, assign checklists and counselors, search pencil files, and locate test scores.
- Generate and send application confirmation and completion letters to students.
- Trigger and print tracking sheets and file labels.
- Update applicant files when transcripts, recommendation letters or other application support materials are received.
- Update address and contact information changes for graduate student files.
- Request transcripts and student files from the APU Grad registrar’s office.
- Work with the Graduate Cashier to process application fees.
- Support enrollment counselors’ data needs regarding applicants and inquiries.
2) Assisting the Director
- Complete daily tasks and special projects for the Director as assigned.
3) General Office Responsibilities
- Help with data entry of inquiries and mail processing as needed.
- Assist Counselors with concerns and questions.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Typing minimum 50 words per minute with accuracy.
- Organizational skills with the ability to produce high quantity without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty, staff and students.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and discretion. Ability to work under pressure with distractions, and able to keep confidential information.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Communication with others, requiring face to face, telephone and email contact. Walking to various offices on campus. Ability to lift boxes up to 30 lbs.
- Computer monitor, inquiries from various electronic and hand written sources.
- Busy, time sensitive turn around, high energy office.
- Microsoft Office Products: Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.