Department Name Veterans Upward Bound
Campus or Location College-wide, Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number PT160-14
Reports To Director, Veterans Upward Bound
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Support Staff
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings 1
Job Description Summary
Develop and teach successful motivational and remedial/refresher classroom programs designed to equip participants for success in college.
Prepare individualized academic materials; Develop and modify course syllabus and lesson plans as it applies to the needs of the class.
Provide Tutoring services to program participants.
Maintain accurate attendance records and lesson plans.
Conduct evaluations on all students per session to be maintained in the student's permanent counseling file.
Attend staff meetings, curriculum training, and graduations.
Assist in recruiting efforts.
Teach basic English and Mathematics to adults
Monitor and evaluate learning and progress of students
Perform other job related duties as designated.
Bachelor’s degree in English and/or Mathematics.
Minimum of one year of teaching, tutoring, or educational program work or combination;
Awareness of potential barriers faced by veterans and minorities
Competency in Microsoft Office.
Experience teaching adults
Experience working with Veterans, and experience working with diverse populations.
Provides instructional assistance for a 9 Week Academic Enrichment Program and 6 week summer program.
5 sessions/year up to 10 hours/week.
Position may require occasional evening hours and travel within Cuyahoga County.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary Minimum $18.04/hr
Primary work location will be:
Veteran Education Connection Center
VA Medical Center Domiciliary
Posting Open Date 03/24/2014
Posting Close Date 04/07/2014
Open Until Filled No
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in English and/or Mathematics?
- * Do you have a Master's Degree in English and/or Mathematics?
- * Do you have a minimum of one (1) year of teaching, tutoring, or educational program work or combination there of?
- * Do you have experience teaching, advising and counseling adults?
- No, I do not have experience teaching, advising, and couseling adults
- Yes, 0 to 3 years
- Yes, 4 to 6 years
- Yes, 6 or more years
- * Do you have experience working with veterans and/or military to civilian transition programs?
- No, I have not previously worked with veterans/military-specific transition programs
- Yes, I have 1-3 years of experience working with veterans/military-specific transition programs
- Yes, I have 4-6 years of experience working with veterans/military-specific transition programs
- Yes, I have 6 or more years of experience working with veterans/military-specific transition programs
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae