Student Information System Administrator
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) offers career relevant bachelor’s degree and master’s degree programs for working adults and nontraditional learners. As the first and only 100% online, fully accredited public university in the United States, CSU-Global is focused on student success as its number one priority. CSU-Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education as a part of the Colorado State University System and has expert faculty recognized as industry leaders and trained specifically for the online learning environment. CSU-Global offers a streamlined enrollment process with accelerated eight week courses that start every four weeks.
The Student Information Systems(SIS) Administrator is responsible for administering and managing business needs, functions, and processes into the CSU-Global student information systems. The SIS Administrator will oversee the conversion of business requirements into student information system enhancements and improvements to support students, faculty, staff, and administration. They will also provide assistance with all information systems projects including development, testing, troubleshooting, documentation, and training end-users. The SIS Administrator will assist in managing CampusVue and other support systems on a day to day basis and will troubleshoot all tiers 1 and 2 support requests. This position is exempt and reports to the VP of Technology.
This Job Location will be in Greenwood Village, CO.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or information technology-related discipline is required.
- Three to five years of relevant experience required.
- Prior experience with the CampusVue(Campus Management) SIS or other student information systems is required.
- An understanding of higher education, to include an understanding of basic business management concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft platforms and protocols as well as software training.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience as an analyst in analyzing, researching, and documenting business processes.
- Successful record of systems support and business analysis in higher education and/or business.
- Demonstrated ability to provide instruction to audiences of varying technical backgrounds.
- Experience with MS SQL Server or other database experience is preferred.
- Experience with ETL engines or various reporting tools such as Crystal Reports is preferred.
- Prior experience with Canvas, Blackboard or other Learning Management Systems is preferred.
- Prior experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- An ongoing customer focus.
- The highest levels of integrity at all times.
Special Note: The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform intermediate CampusVue administration (Staff, Security, Lists, etc.).
- Work through tickets/email requests for issues and enhancements with all SIS systems. Identify and implement solutions to correct systems problems.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and working relations with business staff, information systems staff, and technology vendors to identify enhancements and improvements to the student information system
- Work with project teams to gather data requirements to support online students, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Analyze and clarify business needs and functions.
- Document business needs and requirements using industry standard and company compliant frameworks.
- Create quality assurance test plans for systems and test systems improvements.
- Perform acceptance testing.
- Train users on operation of systems enhancements, changes, and improvements,
- Provide guidance, trouble-shooting, and assistance with CampusVue, Salesforce, SchoolDocs, Blackboard, and other student information systems.
- Perform Salesforce CRM administration (user setups, permissions, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Applications will be accepted until an appointment is made, but for full consideration materials must be received by March 7, 2014. Click the Apply Now button Near the top of this page.
Colorado State University System is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding affirmative action requirements. In order to assist Colorado State University System in meeting its affirmative action responsibilities, ethnic minorities, women, and other protected class members are encouraged to apply and to also identify themselves.