Coordinator of Student Activities
University of North Texas
Coordinator of Student Activities
The Division of Student Affairs provides opportunities for students and the campus community to cultivate academic, personal, and professional success. We enhance the student experience through a wide array of intentional programs, services and activities that support the life cycle of our students.
One of the goals of the Student Activities Center is to help students get connected and involved on campus, to maximize their collegiate experience. Through a variety of events, services, and resources, the office provides students and student organizations with opportunities to connect to the university and to other students. Student Activities promotes a sense of community and loyalty to the University while serving to enhance the social, intellectual, and developmental growth of students as individuals or as members of organizations. It does this through three main areas: campus-wide events and traditions; off-campus student services; and student organization services.
The Coordinator of Student Activities, Student Organizations is a member of the Student Activities Center team and is responsible for coordinating the registration and management of, and developing programs and services for, about 400 registered student organizations. While this position focuses on providing resources and services for student organizations, the primary aim is to foster the mission of the Student Activities Center, Division of Student Affairs, and University of North Texas.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Manage registration process for student organizations
* Manage new organization formation and approval process
* Coordinate and develop training, programs, and services for student
organizations at the University of North Texas, including but not limited to: Organizational fairs, Involvement advising, Eagle Awards, Advisor workshops, Officer workshops
* Serve as the lead OrgSync administrator and provide user training to students and staff
* Develop resources to improve the effectiveness and success of student organizations, their officers, and their advisors
* Provide programming support and consultation regarding registration of organizational events
* Address risk management issues of student organization events by serving as a member of the Event Safety Committee
* Assist with the development, implementation, and interpretation of policies related to student organization functioning
* Supervise, train, and develop a graduate assistant
* Coordinate the recruitment, selection, training, and management/supervision of Student Activities student workers
* Prepare and administer budget for respective programs and services
* Facilitate assessment activities that help improve the Student Activities Center and services for student organizations, their members, and advisors
* Create reports for respective programs and services
* Coordinate risk management initiatives for respective programs and services, and ensure training complies with Texas Educational Code
* Promote and advertise/market Student Activities Center and respective programs and services to the general campus community
* Conduct presentations and trainings related to student involvement and leadership, along with respective programs and services
* Develop relationships and work closely with other departments across campus (e.g., Greek Life, Center for Leadership & Service, Rec Sports)
* Serve as part of Student Activities Center staff support on all large-scale events
* Represent the Student Activities Center on division and university committees, as requested
* Perform related duties as assigned by the Director
UNT is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunities (including provisions for training, development, transfer and promotion) for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran's status.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree in related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related
experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Extensive knowledge in campus activities programming
* Experience and knowledge relating to professionally and effectively advising and mentoring students
* Knowledgeable about issues related to student development and student organizations at the collegiate level
* Strong communication skills, verbal and written
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong critical thinking skills
* Strong planning and project management skills
* Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
* Ability to work independently
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with the online application
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.unt.edu
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.