Campus President II, Nursing - Tinley Park, IL with Relocation
Job ID 2014-55109
# Positions 1
Location US-IL-Tinley Park
Posted Date 4/17/2014
Division Chamberlain College of Nursing
The Campus President II reports to the Senior Director of Campus Operations and, in some instances, may be responsible for providing oversight to more than one campus in a specific geographic area. The Campus President II is responsible for achieving quality outcomes, growth plan, and profitability goals of the campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as chief administrator of the campus or a group of campuses.
- Implements Chamberlain's program, philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes and course objectives to students through classroom, clinical teaching and service to the college and the community.
- Oversees the admission, academic progression and graduation of students.
- Works collaboratively with the national directors in executing national processes and policies that apply to the campus.
- Ensures effective execution of Service Level Agreements with DVI partners at co-shared locations.
- Maintains and assures compliance with all regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Cultivates a student-centric campus culture distinguished by the TEACH values.
- Oversees the hiring, development and evaluation of qualified faculty and staff.
- Facilitates faculty and staff development including enhancing educational competencies.
- Recommends faculty for appointment, promotion, retention and termination.
- Communicates regularly with the VP of Campus Operations and the national directors regarding campus priorities and active or potential problems.
- Communicates effectively with faculty, staff and students. Cultivates a college culture of mutual respect, and academic and professional growth.
- Represents the College within the DeVry, Inc. network, to the Board of Nursing, state and local professional groups and/or organizations, professional accrediting organizations and the community at large. Provides services to strategic community groups. Maintains an active and visible role in nursing and higher education organization
- Ensures the appropriate selection and maintenance of quality clinical sites.
- Ensures appropriate faculty/student ratio for laboratory experiences to ensure safe delivery of nursing care by students and faculty.
- Oversees contractual agreements between the campus and all parties, with whom the campus engages in business relationships, including clinical facilities.
- Develops campus strategic plan focused on priorities that drive quality and growth goals.
- Recommends and administers the campus’ annual program budget that supports the priorities outlined in the strategic plan and is consistent with the organization’s policies.
- Monitors execution of the budget; ensures effective cost controls.
- Maintains professional competence through such activities as nursing practice, continuing education programs, conferences, workshops, seminars, academic courses, research projects or professional writing.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Masters degree in nursing required.
- Doctorate required.
- Current unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse or a multi-state licensure privilege to practice nursing in the Commonwealth/State.
- Minimum of 5 years experience required in the practice of nursing as a registered nurse, two of which have been as a faculty member in a professional nursing education program and/or higher education administration.
- Experience in educational administration preferred. Experience with Web-based educational programs desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Evident leadership, management and organizational skills. High level oral and written communication skills. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Requires high level of initiative, sound judgment, and problem-solving skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.PI74526908