Instructor Pool - 2013/2014
Job Title: Instructor Pool - 2013/2014
This position requires a clear and unambiguous commitment to compliance of all National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations for Division I (FBS) universities: No
Appointment Type: Academic Teaching/Research Faculty
Department: History Department 241230 CLA
Position Summary: The History Department in the School of History & Philosophy invites applications for one or more fixed-term, non-tenure-track full/part-time Instructor positions to teach on a term-by-term basis for the 2013-2014 academic year. Some of these appointments may be reviewed for renewal or transition to an instructional position on an annual basis at the discretion of the Director.
A primary mission of the OSU Department of History is undergraduate education. The department offers the following degrees: B.A. in History, M.A., M.S., and Ph.D. in History of Science. The department offers an undergraduate History minor, with studies in U.S., European, non-European, and non-U.S. The department has approximately 235 undergraduate majors and 8 graduate majors. The faculty includes 18 members.
Position Duties: 100% Teaching:
Instructors may be needed to teach courses in the following areas: Survey of Western Civilization, Survey of U.S. History, as well as more specialized courses in the History and/or History of Science areas.
Position Duties (continued):
Working Conditions/Work Schedule:
Minimum/Required Qualifications: M.A./M.S. in History
Teaching experience at the college or university level
An evident commitment to educational equity.
Preferred (Special) Qualifications: A Ph.D. in History.
A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Scholarly Outcomes for Position (academic faculty only):
Posting Date: 04-01-2013
For Full Consideration Date:
Closing Date: 06-15-2014
Recommended Full-Time Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants: When applying, you will be required to electronically upload the following documents:
1) A cover letter of application, describing how your experience, qualifications, and interests have prepared you to teach at the university level.
2) A resume/vita including the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If you prefer to attach your professional reference information separate from your vita/resume, you may attache it as "Other Document".
For additional information please contact: Dwanee Howard at 541-737-7415 or email@example.com.
Applications will be considered throughout the 2013-2014 academic year.
Oregon State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Preview of Posting Specific Questions
Responses to the Posting Specific Questions are limited to 1200 characters, including spaces, when answered within the system space provided.: Please answer the posting specific questions as thoroughly and completely as possible. The following options are available:
1) Answer the questions in the space provided.
2) Attach your answers as a separate document under "Other Document 2" on the documents page of the posting when applying.
If you choose option 2, when answering the posting specific questions, you must enter into the provided text box a message that states "Uploaded answers as Other Document 2."
1. Oregon State University is striving to promote and enhance diversity. How do you think you can assist in this goal?
2. Define your understanding of what diversity encompasses.
Posting Number: 0010414
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.oregonstate.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=61879