Instructor Pool - 2013/2014
Job Title: Instructor Pool - 2013/2014
This position requires a clear and unambiguous commitment to compliance of all National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) regulations for Division I (FBS) universities: No
Appointment Type: Academic Teaching/Research Faculty
Department: Political Science Dept 241330 CLA
Position Summary: The Political Science Program in the School of Public Policy invites applications for one or more fixed-term, non-tenure-track full/part-time Instructor positions to teach on a term-by-term basis for the 2013-2014 academic year. Some of these appointments may be reviewed for renewal or transition to an instructional position on an annual basis at the discretion of the Director.
The primary mission of the Political Science Program is to provide undergraduate education. The department offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees. The curriculum encompasses most standard fields of the discipline. The program participates in the Master of Arts program in Interdisciplinary Studies and the Master of Public Policy program.
The School of Public Policy has 35 faculty in Economics, Political Science, and Sociology, most of whom are Graduate Program faculty. An additional 40 individuals from around OSU, the country, and the world serve as Graduate Program faculty and teach courses and work with students. We currently have more than 65 MPP students and started a PhD program in Fall 2012, which will eventually add up to 25 more graduate students.
Position Duties: 100% Instruction
Will administer and teach undergraduate courses in any of the following areas: American Politics, Comparative Politics, International Relations, Political Theory, and Methods.
Will hold regular office hours to assist students with coursework and answer questions regarding curriculum.
Position Duties (continued):
Working Conditions/Work Schedule:
Minimum/Required Qualifications: Master's degree in Political Science.
Teaching experience at the college/university level.
Evident commitment to educational equity.
Preferred (Special) Qualifications: A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
Scholarly Outcomes for Position (academic faculty only):
Posting Date: 04-01-2013
For Full Consideration Date:
Closing Date: 06-15-2014
Recommended Full-Time Salary Range: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants: When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1) A curriculum vita/resume including the names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If you prefer to upload your professional reference information separate from your vita/resume, you may upload it as "Other Document".
2) Cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you to teach at the university level, in this discipline.
3) Evidence of teaching excellence, such as student, peer or mentor evaluations or, a teaching portfolio (Upload as Other Document 2).
Documents over 5MB in size should be sent directly to:
Department of Political Science
Oregon State University
307 Gilkey Hall
Corvallis, OR 97331
Questions about this posting should be directed to Betu Case at email@example.com or 541-737-5589.
OSU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Preview of Posting Specific Questions
Responses to the Posting Specific Questions are limited to 1200 characters, including spaces, when answered within the system space provided.: Please answer the posting specific questions as thoroughly and completely as possible. The following options are available:
1) Answer the questions in the space provided.
2) Attach your answers as a separate document under "Other Document 3" on the documents page of the posting when applying.
If you choose option 2, when answering the posting specific questions, you must enter into the provided text box a message that states "Uploaded answers as Other Document 3."
1. Oregon State University is striving to promote and enhance diversity. Please describe how you can assist in this goal.
2. Define your understanding of what diversity encompasses.
Posting Number: 0010443
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.oregonstate.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=61909