Posting Description: Job responsibilities include:
- Review journal entries based on generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), policies, and supporting documentation.
- Review cost studies submitted from campus departments annually to ensure they are in line with internal service center policy and that allocations are done appropriately. Assist departments in establishing new service centers. Field service center questions.
- Analyze the general ledger for various accounting issues such as cash deposits to expense, accounts receivables, allowance for doubtful accounts, abnormal balances, and company card personal charges.
- Review new programs requests for proper fund accounting classification, and possible unrelated business income tax implications.
- Review moving reimbursement requests for tax compliance.
- Assist the Deputy Controller with ad hoc projects and analysis requests as necessary.
- Assist Manager of Internal Reviews with comprehensive cash audits as requested.
Minimum Qualifications: *MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting.
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: *COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:*
- Solid accounting training is needed to competently perform the duties.
- It is necessary for this position to have an in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent analytical skills are essential in order to properly perform various reconciliations and analyses.
- This position will have extensive contact with campus department users and therefore must have superior communication skills to present accounting principles and procedures in a clear and concise manner to campus users of widely varying accounting abilities.
Campus: Anschutz Medical Campus