Location: Chicago, IL
Office Building/Campus: Chicago- 350 Orleans
Home Department: Information Technology
Position Type: Staff Position
Founded in 2009, TCS Education System is a nonprofit enterprise built on the premise that business success and social impact need not be mutually exclusive. Operating as an efficient business with a mission clearly rooted in advancing the greater good, the system includes: a network of specialized institutions that offer an effective approach to higher education; early childhood and K-12 schools that deliver progressive, evidence-based curriculum to change the face of childhood education in our nation; a foundation that attracts charitable contributions to support our schools and their social change endeavors; and more. Our ongoing business success coupled with our social change mission unifies our organization and distinguishes TCS Education System from any other educational system today.
TCS Education System is currently seeking a Software Developer to join the Application Development team.
The Software Developer is responsible for integrating key business applications used by the business. They are also required to customize or enhance current applications through custom development. In addition to application development, they assist in the development of web portals that integrate with various applications. They are responsible for proofing and testing all code to assure quality releases. They will work with analysts and key operational staff to deliver key projects.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop software programs to enhance or customize business applications.
- Review current systems and code.
- Work closely with analysts and staff to deliver projects.
- Produce documentation on all programs and code.
- Perform full testing on all software.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and provide deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Concern for reliability and a commitment to high quality, possessing a sense of urgency and is results-oriented.
- Values synergy of group effort required to create group solutions.
- Five years of developing software and programs with 3 years serving as lead programmer on projects
- BA or BS in a related field required
- Advanced knowledge of C#, .NET, SQL
- Knowledge of CRM systems (SalesForce preferred, knowledge of Apex Visual Force)
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus
- Knowledge of SSRS a plus
- Higher Ed work experience a plus
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
For more information about TCS Education System and our affiliates visit http://www.tcsedsystem.edu.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.