Access Specialist I - Part Time (20 hours/week) - Green Hills
Access Specialist I provides exceptional service to patients and providers during inbound and outbound phone calls while scheduling appointments, capturing messages for the clinic staff and providers, and addressing the needs of the customer. Supports organizational mission to create exceptional customer experience by producing positive results in access and phone service measures.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Call Management: clearly and professionally communicate information during inbound and outbound call conversations. Handle calls in efficient and effective manner using standard greetings for opening of call , content of call and closure of call. Follow establish guidelines for customer service and quality. Ensure accuracy in answering questions and assisting customer with requests to meet their needs. Reliably route customer to appropriate destination with warm transfer when possible.
- Documentation/Messaging: accurately capture customer information and document using messaging system to clinic staff and/or providers. Capture information using guidelines established for area. Demonstrate use of messaging guidelines by priority/urgency.
- Schedule appointments: schedule appointments in Epic or other scheduling system using guidelines for area/department. Accurately match customer with provider and/or test, gather, update and verify patient information, proactively provide information to customer regarding appointment location, process steps, parking, etc. Optimize use of provider schedules by following proper booking guidelines. Appropriately route patients to Central Registration.
- Access tools and supports: actively work wait lists, house call/Smart talk report, and pull forward patients to improve access for customers. Maintain updated reference materials and manuals.
- Professional development: engage in ongoing training to enhance skills, talent and knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, and implementing innovative models.
- Improvement efforts: actively engage in improvement efforts to provide customers with excellent service.
Job requires High school graduate or GED and 3 years of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Job Clinical Support
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Green Hills Office Building
Organization Performance Improvement Office 303226PI74340131