Student Services Assistant
Student Services Assistant
Range 16, ($2,546.00 – $4,134.13) per month based AFT Office Technical Salary Schedule.
All new employees will begin on Step C ($2,806.97). Promoted or transferred employees will be placed as specified in the CBA. This position is FLSA Non-Exempt (can accrue overtime). Excellent benefits are provided to employees with assignments equal to or greater than 50%, and all eligible dependents. All employees are required to pay a portion of their PERS Retirement costs. A temporary probationary period will be applied to the employee entering this assignment. The SDCCD Employment Web Page provides a link to employee collective bargaining agreements/handbooks, and more information about terms and conditions of employment to include salary and benefits.
No. Months: 12
Position Number: 002300
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (accrues overtime)
Position Type: Classified
Bargaining Unit: AFT/Classified Staff
Applications are currently being accepted for Student Services Assistant in the Admissions Department, located at San Diego Mesa College. Work hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Selected candidate must be willing to adjust work days/hours based on the department’s needs.
If you would like to open the link in a different tab or window, right click and select the option.
Commitment to Diversity:
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To ensure full consideration, qualified candidates must submit a complete online application that includes the items listed (extraneous material will not be reviewed).
References to résumés or other uploaded documents within the online application will be considered an “incomplete” application; please enter “N/A” if any section does not apply.
1. Complete online application.
Important: To ensure consistency and fairness to all candidates, please do not submit materials other than those requested (i.e., personal photo, articles you’ve written, etc). Please only upload requested documents using respective document name labels.
Uploading extraneous materials, unless specifically requested within this posting, may result in your application not being reviewed. Only complete application packets will be forwarded to the committee.
• Application materials sent via mail, fax, or e-mail will not be accepted.
• Note that correspondence, including interview invitations, will be sent to you via e-mail.
Conditions of Employment: SELECTED CANDIDATE IS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT :
• Submit “official” college transcripts as stated on application (even if a degree is not a requirement for this position)
• Pass a pre-employment physical exam at the District’s expense
• Provide a Certificate of Tuberculosis Exam for initial appointment (Note: The certificate must be renewed every 4 years as a condition of continuing employment)
• Have fingerprints taken by a Live Scan computer at the candidate’s expense (Clearance must be received prior to first day of employment)
• Present original documents for proof of eligibility to work in the United States
• Attend a new hire processing appointment in Human Resources located at the District Administrative Offices
SDCCD provides a comprehensive fringe benefit package for its full-time classified employees. The District contributes toward the cost of the premium (including dependent coverage) for the medical insurance plan options. Additional benefits include dental, vision, sick leave, vacation and opportunities for professional development. Contract employees become members of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) upon appointment.
Please note that an employee may be transferred to any site at the option of the Chancellor.
To apply, visit: http://www.sdccdjobs.com/postings/4496