Assistant Dean for Curriculum
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of Art and Design, Liberal Arts and Business and Technology, of the State University of New York (SUNY), invites nominations and applications for the Assistant Dean of Curriculum.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Assistant Dean for Curriculum provides guidance to all deans, chairs, and faculty in the development and execution of curriculum at the course and program level including new and revised programs and courses of study. This will include, but not be limited to, management of all internal and external planning and development activities that impact curriculum administration for all subject areas. The Assistant Dean will also be charged with developing a vision and global perspective for curriculum and curriculum integration across schools in the College.
- Communicates regularly with the Deans concerning curriculum development at the course and program level.
- Assists Chairs and Deans with the development of models for determining the resource needs for proposed curricula.
- Serves as a consultant to Faculty, Chairs, and Deans, providing guidance and support in the development of curriculum.
- Facilitates discussions between and among the various divisions on interdisciplinary course work.
- Coordinates and maintains regular communication with SUNY and the State Department of Education on curriculum approvals, particularly new academic programs and credit certificates.
- Ensures the accuracy of curriculum in catalogues, websites, and other communications vehicles.
- Serves as a consultant to the College-wide curriculum committee and to the Deans’ council on curriculum development and approval matters.
- Implements effective internal systems to monitor the efficiency and appropriateness of curricula and makes recommendations to the VPAA and deans for changes to be discussed with the faculty.
- Seeks and shares curriculum practices from other colleges and universities and professional organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- A minimum of a master’s degree (an earned doctorate preferred).
- At least seven years combination of teaching experience and educational administration experience, particularly at the college or university level.
- Experience in curriculum design and administration at the course and program level.
- Work and close familiarity with accrediting and approval constituencies including but not limited to Middle States, SUNY and NASAD is preferred.
- Experience and interest in technological solutions for curriculum administration.
Salary commensurate with experience.
For consideration, please submit the following documents online:
* Cover letter
* A list of three (3) professional references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Please note successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
*If applying from a website outside of www.FITNYC.edu please visit http://www.fitnyc.interviewexchange.com.