Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Chief Financial and Administrative Officer
Category: Management and Professional
Department: CNAS Dean's Office
Date Posted: 03/13/2014
8AM - 5PM
Would you like to become part of an atmosphere of excellence, diversity, distinction, prestige, and preeminence? Then the University of California Riverside, College of Natural & Agricultural Sciences (CNAS) is looking for you! We seek an experienced professional to be the Assistant Dean and Chief Administrative & Financial Officer (CFAO) for the college. This senior management position will advise the Dean, Divisional Deans, department chairs, and program directors in the areas of strategic planning, resource management, personnel management, space planning and utilization and other areas key to the mission of the college. The CFAO serves as the Dean's chief of staff and oversees 26 staff members who serve 1,892 employees throughout the college's 13 academic departments, multiple centers, institutes, and core facilities. For fiscal year 2012-13 expenditures were $140 million; state general funds permanent budget was $70 million; there were 616 contract and grant proposals submitted with 525 awards received. CNAS is home to world-renowned scholars pursuing research that deepens our knowledge of the universe we live in and improves the quality of life for inhabitants of the state, the nation, and the globe. Inextricably bound up with this research is educating the students who come to CNAS to learn science, and who leave with an integrated grasp of how they can change the world. These students, and the faculty who teach them, benefit from a synergistic structure combining physical, mathematical, life, and agricultural sciences that is unique among land-grant institutions. If overseeing the complex financial and operational affairs of this college appeals to you, please apply.
1) Education and experience equivalent to an MBA or related Master's degree. Ability to lead and manage a highly complex organization with multiple functions and funding sources.
2) Demonstrated leadership experience in strategic planning, policy development, forecasting, resource analysis, and budgeting. Ability to formulate and implement policies and procedures.
3) Well developed, demonstrated skill in leadership, political acumen, and consensus building. Experience in sustaining a high level of energy and enthusiasm for advancing ideas and programs in a shared-governance environment. Open and collaborative leadership style.
4) Demonstrated knowledge of current management principles and practices. Experience overseeing IT services and delivery processes and leveraging technology to enable progress.
5) Progressively responsible senior level management experience. Knowledge of business and accounting operations in a large, complex, multi-faceted organization.
6) Demonstrated experience in finance and accounting practices and procedures at a management level. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, and the principles governing internal controls.
7) Ability to articulate financial and operational issues to diverse constituencies.
8) Substantial recent experience managing successful, contemporary human resource processes and practices in a large decentralized organization including: staff planning and forecasting staff requirements; developing organizational models; managing compensation, performance, and labor relations issues; and creating a positive work environment. Demonstrated commitment to principles of diversity.
9) Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, and faculty, as well as demonstrating skills in written and oral communication with the ability to make effective presentations to groups.
10) Knowledge of administrative and financial information systems and various computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases. Knowledge of policies, procedures, regulations, and requirements of outside granting agencies, including the Federal government.
1) Earned Master's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
2) Demonstrated high level management experience working for a research university.
3) Demonstrated high level management level experience working at a land grant college administering and reporting on Hatch and other Federal formula funds.
4) Extensive experience interpreting and implementing academic personnel policies for diverse academic appointees such as Professors, Agronomists, Cooperative Extension Specialists, Graduate Student Researchers, Teaching Assistants, Postdoctoral Scholars, Professional Researchers, Specialists, and Project Scientists.
5) Significant knowledge of general teaching and research laboratory safety regulations and requirements.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
At UC Riverside we celebrate diversity and are proud of our #8 ranking among the nation for most diverse universities (US News and World Report 2012-13). Become part of a place that fosters success for all its constituents, students, faculty, and staff, and where work/life balance and campus culture are integral to our way of life.
UCR is ranked 46th among top public universities (US News and World Report 2012-13) and is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff.
University of California, Riverside is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. UCR strives to accommodate applicants with disabilities. In the event that your disability prevents you from completing the online application process, please contact us so that we can provide options to assist you with completing the application process.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview