Program Representative - Los Angeles Regional Center (S474)
The program representative at the Regional Center will serve as a representative of Azusa Pacific University to assist prospective students through the inquiry, application and enrollment process. Primary focus of this position is to provide excellent customer service to prospective students and to recruit those prospective students into one of APU’s graduate or non-traditional programs. This position reports to the center director with a dotted line to the Directors of Recruitment in Graduate Admissions and Professional Enrollment Services at the Azusa campus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years of professional experience working with people in a customer service, business, recruiting/sales, or marketing environment.
- Previous admissions/recruiting experience is preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Coordinates with the center director to promote all academic programs offered at the center.
- Represents and promotes APU at various graduate, transfer and professional school fairs, Graduate Faculty discipline specific events, select School district visits, specific regional and national conferences, and other recruitment events in order to recruit prospective students for APU’s bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs. On average, 25%-35% of the program representative’s time will be spent doing promotion/recruitment for APU outside the center, and 65-75% within the center. The percentage of time spent in the field or in the office will fluctuate based on lead flow, and program start dates.
- Responsible to assist and work toward meeting the university’s annual enrollment goals through performance metrics that include, but are not limited to, timely follow through with inquiries, applicants, and admitted students, accurate reporting, and excellent customer service.
- Serves as the primary point of contact and customer service representative to prospective students providing consistent, accurate and timely information about APU and the particular program(s) of interest
- Meets with prospective students through one-on-one personal appointments, via phone, email and mail correspondence.
- Coordinates with the center director to schedule and promote group information meetings. Information meetings will be held for all academic programs and will include targeting student prospects, businesses, churches, community leaders, and school administrators.
- Coordinates with the center director and the enrollment centers at the main campus to ensure accuracy of all recruiting information.
- Follows- up with potential students on a continuous basis by phone, email and written correspondence. Counsels/advises prospective students in one-on-one sessions regarding admissions process.
- Sends follow-up letters/emails in a timely manner to prospective students who have not submitted their application.
- Works in conjunction with the department chair/program director to ensure accurate and appropriate information is communicated to students regarding their program(s) of interest.
- Creates and maintains good working relationships with personnel at local community colleges, businesses and government agencies in order to promote APU’s bachelor’s, graduate, and doctoral degrees.
- Develops and maintains professional working relationships with support staff, faculty, program directors and department chairs that enhance quality customer service.
- Provides basic financial aid information to prospective students as directed by the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Utilizes Azusa Pacific University student database to run weekly roster reports and to daily document student contact interactions.
- Prepares and maintains weekly inquiry and applicant reports.
- Requires availability to work evening hours at the regional center and occasional weekend recruiting events within regional center geographic area.
- Promotes a positive and professional environment.
- Periodically represents APU at various national conferences.
- Ability to articulate APU’s mission and values to prospective students and community members.
- Performs other duties and/or projects as assigned by the director.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products to complete tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to a diverse population.
- Ability to conduct group meetings and make formal presentations to prospective students and businesses.
- Good public relations skills, including the ability to communicate in written and oral forms with proper English usage.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to understand goals and conceptualize a project; formulate objectives, methodology, and conduct evaluation.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction.
- Ability to exercise initiative, flexibility, and independent judgment in coordinating and providing team leadership.
- Presents self in a professional manner reflecting the goals and standards of APU.
- In agreement with the purpose and mission of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Ability to travel to Azusa campus and other regional centers.
- Intermittent sitting for several hours per day.
- Repetitive motions for operating computer mouse and keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on telephone.
- Ability to lift, pull, bend, grasp, occasionally lift up to 20 lbs., reach top of four-drawer file cabinet.
- Computer monitor, reading.
- Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Experience using PeopleSoft, Target X, or another student database management system preferred
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.