Account Management - Sales in Existing Customer Base
We are looking for an aggressive account manager to sell our online learning products and services into our existing customer base.
The Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C) is a non-profit, professional online learning organization devoted to empowering educators and advancing online learning. Sloan-C offers professional development, instruction, best practice publications and guidance for educators around the globe. Our customers include leading national and regional universities, colleges and community schools and institutions. The Sloan Consortium is a geographically dispersed and virtual staffed organization, headquartered in Newburyport, MA.
Please send us an email with your resume attached in PDF form. We will contact you accordingly. No phone calls please.
Please review our company website to explore our products and services before submitting an application: www.sloanconsortium.org
- Renew and up-sell clients as well as find new opportunities within your assigned group of clients or product lines. Sales into education, corporate, and NGO markets. Contacts and decision makers include Presidents, Provosts, C-Level, Executive Director, Associate Director, Faculty and more.
- Position requires 60% prospecting leads, 30% working deals through sales cycle, and 10% transitioning customers to Client Services for product/services implementation.
- This is a team-selling environment using solution selling, customer-centric selling and ROI-based sales techniques. Product managers are available to assist on sales calls.
- Total compensation potential of $40k+ based on individual performance. Base salary of $40k with adjusted commission compensation.
- Average sale is $1,500. Lead generation programs are in place to increase sales funnel activity; however prospecting work is required.
- Position reports to the Director of Sales.
- 2-5 years “new” sales experience in selling products or services related to the education, association and corporate markets.
- Experience managing and growing existing accounts for additional revenue.
- Need the ability to generate and work accounts independently as well as closing opportunities developed through our marketing programs.
- Self-starters who take the initiative and keep their sales funnel full at all times.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM or similar.