Legal Assistant in Risk Management department.
Ideal candidate will have a combinations of administrative support and legal background. Strong communication skills essential. Billing and finance experience preferred. Familiarity with legal terminology essential. Familiarity with medical terminology helpful. Previous experience with dictation would be helpful as well.
Preferred skills include:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adapt to new processes quickly
- Professional and calm demeanor
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Legal research using Lexis or other databases, and using Metro, State and Federal codes and regulations. Preparation of legal documents such as motions, memorandums of law, pleadings, etc.
- File documents with courts as necessary.
- Schedule depositions or other meetings as necessary.
- Draft letters regarding subpoenas, claims, etc.
- Notify witnesses and physicians/faculty/staff as appropriate
- Request medical records or other needed documents
- Maintain department management calendars.
- Taking dictation as needed.
- Make travel arrangement.
- Process expense reports.
- General administrative support for department to include letters, reports, special projects, etc.
- Compose/draft correspondence for attorney/administrator's signature.
- Compile data and create reports.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Maintain time and attendance records.
- Participate in financial and budget management.
- Request checks for payment of bills and settlements, including structured settlements and legal bills
- Maintain accurate records of payments.
- Manage and monitor billing/insurance issues related to claimants and potential claimants by placing and removing holds on patient accounts, determining which accounts to hold and release; compiling historical billing and health insurance data; monitoring financial status of various patients' accounts; researching, resolving and justifying discrepancies; requesting write offs of patient accounts and documenting such;
- Manage inventory.
- Prepare monthly transaction and summary reports.
- Maintain department records, policies/procedures, and communicate changes to appropriate personnel.
- Maintain documents in an organized manner.
- Communicate with staff/guarantors/patients as necessary to communicate current policies and procedures.
- Other duties as needed.
Job requires Bachelor's and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Loews Vanderbilt Plaza
Organization Claims & Risk Management 142600