Graduate Assistant Hall Director Housing & Residence Life
Graduate Assistant Hall Director – Housing & Residence Life
Office of Housing & Residence Life
Holy Names University
The Office of Housing & Residence Life is committed to: meeting students “where they are,” and partnering with them for future growth; modeling empathy and service to foster student development and community interaction; creating a welcoming environment where students are valued and supported to foster generosity and gratitude; and challenging ourselves and others to grow, understand, and appreciate diversity with open minds and intentionality.
The Graduate Assistant Hall Director (GAHD) position is a 24-hour per week, live-in commitment within the campus community. Main responsibilities include resident assistant supervision, housing occupancy assistance, and participating in the administrative on-call rotation. The GAHD is supervised by the Director of Housing & Residence Life.
• Responsible for assisting in selecting, training, supervising, and evaluating of resident assistants with advisement from supervisor and in collaboration with the Director of Housing & Residence Life
• Directly supervise a staff of 5-7 resident assistants
• Hold a weekly RA staff meeting
• Assist the Director in developing and coordinating residential programs with advice and assistance from staff, students, and RHA
• Encourage student involvement and participation in programming, RHA and other student organizations
• Assist with Housing & Residence Life programming initiatives
• Ancillary Assignment:
1. Advise the Residence Hall Association (Durocher/Founders GAHD)
2. Oversee/Advise the Connections Project within the halls (Dunn/Feehan GAHD)
• Assist in all aspects of housing operations: opening, closing, room changes, guest housing, health and safety inspections, etc.
• Attend all departmental staff meetings and trainings
• Participate in professional development opportunities and professional conferences
• Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Director of Housing & Residence Life
• Serve in administrative on-call rotation with Residence Life staff, providing after-hours emergency response to the residential community
• Consistently enforce University and residence hall regulations through counseling, educational discipline, and effectively following University judicial policy.
• Participate in training on judicial procedures.
• When necessary, assist the Director of Housing & Residence Life in adjudicating student conduct cases.
• Attend all general GA staff meetings
• Attend mandatory training sessions
• Attend weekly supervision meeting
• Attend all departmental weekly meetings and retreats
• Collaboration with other departments as appropriate
• Other duties as assigned
Graduate Assistants are expected to establish a schedule of twenty four (24) office hours per week (Monday - Friday) to complete Residence Life related work and to be available for students.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior experience in housing and residence life or hospitality industry preferred
• Room and board
• Must be an enrolled and registered Graduate Student at Holy Names University or University of San Francisco in order to apply for this position.
• For information on Holy Names University’s Experiential Learning Program: http://www.hnu.edu/studentLife/learningCommunities/experientialLearning.html
• For information on University of San Francisco’s Student Life MA Program: http://www.usfca.edu/studentlife/internships.
• This position may require a background screen. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a background screen.
Applicants must submit the Holy Names University Employment Application to be considered for a position. Submissions without the Employment Application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed until all information is received.
Visit: http://www.hnu.edu//communityVisitors/employment.html to download the Employment Application. After you have downloaded and completed the application, save and/or print the file and include it with your application materials.
The preferred method for submitting your application materials is via email@example.com
Holy Names University, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to excellence through diversity.