Financial Aid Director
- Oversee the operation of the Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College Financial Aid Office.
- Manage and administer all federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs.
- Ensure policies, procedures, and practices are in compliance with federal, state, and system regulations.
- Provide general scholarship and athletic grant budget administration as part of the institution's strategic enrollment management plan.
- Facilitate communications with all clientele in program.
- Maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Provide counsel and advice to parents, students and others regarding higher education financing.
- Represent Bemidji State University and Northwest Technical College in professional organizations and system committees.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five to seven years of experience.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state financial aid policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction, and over site for student financial aid office.
- Ability to manage significant amounts of financial aid funds from multiple sources within compliance with applicable regulations and policies.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction, motivation, and accountability for senior staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, and administrative staff.
- Proven ability to understand, manage, and modify a highly automated/computerized student aid application and delivery system.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct a high pace workplace in order to meet numerous critical deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to articulate and respond to the needs of students, including those with unique circumstances and needs.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- Persons providing a reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such information available to applicants upon request.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces.
A complete application will include the following attachments:
- Cover letter which addresses the qualifications
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references.
Inquiries: Michelle Frenzel. Committee Chair
- To learn more about us, please visit our website at:
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at:
May 14, 2014
April 7, 2014
http://www.bemidjistate.edu/offices/human_resources/employment/faculty_administrator/ , . .
Human Resources Department
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This document can be made available in alternative formats such as large print, Braille or audio tape by calling (651) 296-3816(651) 296-3816, 1(888) MnSCU-4-U or TTY (651) 282-2660. Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Employment Opportunities is available on the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities web site:
Join our University Community!
Bemidji State University, situated on a stunning lakeside in northern Minnesota, provides a transformative experience for students who engage in active learning on campus, in their communities, and throughout the world. Bemidji State University is a catalyst for helping students realize their potential and worth, which, in turn, inspires them to new worlds of thought and promotion of the common good. The greater Bemidji community has a population of 25,000 and serves as a regional center for commerce, recreation, health care, and the arts. Bemidji State University welcomes 5,000 students annually. Offerings include undergraduate majors and graduate programs encompassing the liberal arts and selected professional programs. Bemidji State University is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (MnSCU) http://www.mnscu.edu.To learn more about our distinctive university, see our web site at:http://www.bemidjistate.edu
Bemidji State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator