Articulation & Community Outreach Manager
Location: Pasadena, CA
Office Building/Campus: Pasadena
Home Department: Admission Operations
Position Type: Staff Position
Pacific Oaks College is an upper-division, accredited institution offering bachelors, masters, and certificate programs in human development, cultural & family psychology, early childhood education, and teaching credentialing. It operates a main campus in Pasadena, CA and offers programs online and in several communities throughout California.
Founded more than 60 years ago Pacific Oaks College is dedicated to the principles of inclusion, social justice, and the valuing of every human being. The institution is known and recognized for its pioneering efforts to reduce bias within our nation's education system, and for equipping graduates with the skills they need to help people from diverse backgrounds, learning styles, and strengths uncover and realize their unique individual potentials.
We are looking for an Articulation & Community Outreach Manager to join our Team!
The successful candidate for the Director of Admissions will be organized, dynamic, and enthusiastic team player; with excellent organizational and management skills. Candidate will have proven experience in admissions operations, creating positive changes in retention and achieving benchmarks; the ability to foster collaborative relationships; to effectively communicate with multiple constituents; excellent project management, organizational, and communication skills; and an ability to lead.
- Establish new articulation agreements with appropriate colleges and universities.
- Maintain currency on transfer and articulation interest groups and associations.
- Analyze the effect of POC curriculum changes on articulation agreements.
- Communicate with faculty and act as consultant on curriculum and at the college
- Provide current information about transfer to Admissions, Registrar and Student Services Departments.
- Work with Registrar to draft Articulation documents in-line with student and academic policies.
- Serve as a liaison between community college and four-year college and university articulation officers and/or faculty to review present course outlines to expedite and generate firm articulation agreements.
- Build and maintain relationships with community college transfer offices.
- Prepare transfer worksheets and certify coursework for partner colleges.
- Schedule and coordinate information visits by partner colleges to POC.
- Design and make presentations regarding articulation for students and staff.
- Serve as District representative at local and State articulation meetings; maintain professional relationship with other articulation officers, statewide and regionally.
- A liaison between community college’s academic departments and PO admissions recruitment team.
- Develop, plan and execute strategic corporate, college and community outreach plans in cooperation with admissions recruitment teams.
- Develop key relationships though effective phone, email and face-to-face communication with key departments and organizations.
- Represent Pacific Oaks at events, transfer fairs and other college and university recruitment events.
- Promote and participate in Pacific Oaks College events and information sessions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Principles and operations of the community college articulation system.
- Knowledge of Pertinent Federal, State and local codes, laws, regulations, and policies governing system-wide articulation.
- Ability to work well with students, staff and faculty as well as college community contacts and advisors from other institutions; through understanding of transfer requirements for all segments of higher education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the College, alumni, the public, and other constituents;
- Strong writing, planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines;
- Posses methods and techniques of research, analysis, and decision making;
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently as well in a team environment;
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelors’ degree required, Masters’ degree preferred
- A minimum of 3-6 years’ experience in a college related position required (i.e. transfer analyst, compliance or transfer officer).
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in articulation at an institution of higher education preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience requiring leadership, consultant delivery models, and advanced technical skills in an educational environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable form of transportation.
Pacific Oaks College offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), and tuition discounts.
Pacific Oaks College is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers’ Page at: www.pacificoaks.edu
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Pacific Oaks offers equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.