Director, Graduate Career Programs
Director, Graduate Career Programs
Department: Graduate Career Programs - Paralegal and Test Preparation Courses
Job IRC #13147
Under general supervision from the Dean of Professional and Continuing Education, the Director is responsible for all aspects of Graduate Paralegal Program and Test Preparation courses. Directs recruiting and admissions of students, develops marketing plans for programs, manages budgets in excess of 1.5 million dollars, develops procedural guidelines for office, hires, supervises and evaluates staff and faculty, and develops and assesses curriculum. Acts as liaison between legal community and university, office and university, and students and office. Handles student problems. Prepares reports for ABA Approval Commission, develops and analyzes statistical reports and surveys for programs. Teaches employment workshops and reviews resumes prior to employment. Oversees Paralegal Internship Program and Employment Assistance procedures. Manages team performance and achievement of enrollment, faculty, and employee goals. Seeks ways to support and integrate the programs with other areas of the university. This position reports to the Dean of Professional and Continuing Education. This position directly supervises the Assistant Director, two Program Assistants, four Executive Assistants, one student worker, program advisory board, adjunct attorney faculty and Curriculum Advisor for Paralegal Program and adjunct faculty for Test Preparation Courses.
Examples of Work:
• University Related Duties
• Law/Community Related Activities
• Test Preparation
Master’s degree or JD degree. ABA approved Paralegal Certificate preferred. Three years of demonstrated work experience in an education, or related institution/environment. Experience with the legal community and paralegal associations a plus. Considerable knowledge of legal and paralegal fields and higher education procedures. Demonstrates knowledge about developments in paralegal education and the paralegal profession and is committed to professional growth and the growth and support of the paralegal profession and paralegal services. Ability to develop and manage budgets; hire, supervise and evaluate faculty and staff; develop curriculum, set goals and analyze statistical reports, prepare all marketing pieces including catalogs and brochures and handle student problems. Must have good public speaking skills and have excellent organizational and communication abilities. Strong organizational skills and ability. Ability to negotiate. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability. Working knowledge of computers including Word, Access, Excel and web browsers. Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Thorough knowledge of functional area and understanding of how work may impact and integrate with other areas of the university.
• Thorough analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
• Thorough and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills.
• Thorough knowledge of campus policies and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of and skill in creating and implementing marketing campaigns.
• Knowledge of current public educational programs and trends.
• Thorough skills to conduct needs assessment and development of new courses and programs to meet program needs.
• Skill in using business software systems in the completion of work assignments; i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and working knowledge of web-based instructional tools.
• Expert knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, style, and punctuation.
• Thorough knowledge of the campus, including its mission, goals, achievements, infrastructure, programs, and policies.
• Thorough knowledge of issues in higher education and/or a specialized academic discipline or field.
• Thorough research and fact verification skills.
• Thorough attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 37.5 per week
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com