Assistant or Associate Professor of Business Administration
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/IFO%202011-2013%20CBA%20and%20TOC%20FINAL.pdf
- The faculty member will be expected to teach a variety of marketing and other business administration courses at the undergraduate level.
- Courses to be taught are: Marketing, Personal Selling, Advertising Management, and International Marketing.
- Commitment to quality teaching is required.
- Because online teaching may be required of this position, the successful applicant must have the ability to design and deliver online courses with DesireToLearn (D2L) course management software or be willing to obtain necessary skills for online course design and delivery.
- Beyond teaching, department faculty members are responsible for advising and otherwise supporting students' academic progress.
- Faculty members are also required to pursue scholarly and/or creative activities. And, as a member of the Business Administration department, the successful applicant will be expected to contribute to a collegial and supportive environment that advances the goals of the department, including curriculum development, assessment, programmatic accreditation and other departmental governance activities.
- This faculty person should anticipate involvement with interdisciplinary teaching.
- Candidates must have an earned Doctorate in business or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution at the time of employment (8/19/2014).
- Substantial undergraduate and/or graduate-level coursework in business is necessary.
- The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
- Persons providing a reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such information available to applicants upon request.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces.
A complete application will include the following attachments:
- Cover letter which addresses the qualifications
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for three professional references
- Teaching Evaluations
APPLICATION INFORMATION AND QUESTIONS: Apply for this vacancy through our NEOGOV online application system. Persons providing a reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
Questions about the position:
Rod Henry, Business Administration Chair
Bemidji State University
1500 Birchmont Drive Northeast
Bemidji MN 56601-2699
- To learn more about us, please visit our website at:
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
August 19, 2014
April 7, 2014
http://www.bemidjistate.edu/offices/human_resources/employment/faculty_administrator/ , . .
Human Resources Department
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, and persons with disabilities. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This document can be made available in alternative formats such as large print, Braille or audio tape by calling (651) 296-3816(651) 296-3816, 1(888) MnSCU-4-U or TTY (651) 282-2660. Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Employment Opportunities is available on the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities web site: