International Tax Analyst
The International Tax Analyst is responsible for non-complex issues and administrative duties relating to the taxation of payments to international persons (employees, visitors, etc). Performs professional work requiring the basic application and use of concepts, theories, practices, and terminology related to international tax. Processes various financial documents and evaluate submitted forms to ensure compliance with government regulations. Analyzes data consistent with a basic understanding of the institutional mission and vision, the role and goals of the business unit. Consults with Sr. International Tax Analyst to resolve problems and create appropriate internal protocols to ensure compliance with US tax regulations (IRS) as they pertain to international persons.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
Tax System Responsibilities
- Provide international persons with access to the international tax database to collect tax information and ensure consistency of information between the international tax database and the payroll database.
- Open an international tax file for each international person and ensure that all necessary immigration and tax documents are received in a timely fashion.
- Monitor visa expiration dates; send notification requests for updated information and update the file to reflect changes in immigration status and tax status as needed. Update record to reflect extension of status, change of status or adjustment of status filings/approvals.
International Tax & Payroll Record Write-Up
- Prepare accurate written payroll documentation and coordinate with HR Processing in a timely fashion to ensure that information is received by established payroll deadlines.
- Ensure adjustments to taxation information are updated in keeping with changes to the immigration and/or tax status of international personnel.
- Answer e-mail and telephone queries on non-complex international tax matters.
- Open receive mail, date stamp, file or forward to the appropriate staff member.
- Assist with timely collection and mailing of various tax documents to the IRS, as required.
- Assist in annual preparation of 1042-S forms.
- Perform weekly, quarterly and annual reviews to ensure all files are accurately updated or closed.
- Review all check requests and travel reimbursement requests. With guidance form Sr. International Tax Analyst, prepare appropriate write-up regarding tax withholding and route payment request to either Disbursements or HR Processing for check issuance.
Seminars/Workshops & Professional Development
- Assist in preparation of workshop presentations on international tax matters. Attend workshops and professional development activities related to international.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience or the equivalent.
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Organization HR Finance and Administration 155218