Business Intelligence Analyst III
Job supports the development of most complex Business Intelligence services offerings, content creation, and value propositions using institutionally designated approaches and technologies. Responsible for consulting with customer on business needs, translating business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, providing cost estimates/benefits analysis, and interfacing with EDW team and customer to ensure successful delivery of most complex dashboards and reporting.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Coordinates business requirements for complex EDW based decision support initiatives. Leads interviews with end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality, and performance. Works with architects to translate requirements into technical specifications. Helps identify and assess potential data sources. Recommends appropriate scope of requirements. Validates that the data warehouse meets requirements and service level agreements. Coordinates prototype reviews.
- Develops and implements complex tools or applications for accessing and analyzing data and metadata. Works with managers and functional analysts to understand and prioritize user requirements. Writes or works with business intelligence tools and analytic applications that let end users access and analyze data in the data warehouse or a related data mart. Customizes tools and data sets for use by different types of data consumers. Develops business-oriented metadata definitions. Designs and develops training for end users.
- Prepares and presents frequent quality, statistical, and operational reports including analysis of progress toward program/project goals. Investigates and reports on data to analyze indicators and trends in areas of interest. Uses a broad knowledge of Vanderbilt's databases and systems. Employs generally accepted practices in analyzing institutional data and external benchmarking data. Uses a broad knowledge of healthcare and/or academic operations. Uses excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Assists with planning and implementation of data identification and ETL process. Develops process analysis when necessary. Flowcharts processes capturing issues for data collection. Assists with data validation processes. Liaisons with functional data representatives to ensure data validation results meet their requirements.
- Surveys industry data to analyze future trends and indicators in related areas of work. Reviews data periodically to analyze trends affecting operational/organizational goals and reports findings. Using a comprehensive understanding of subject matter area. Using a comprehensive knowledge of internal data availability. Using a broad knowledge of healthcare and/or academic operations.
- Serve as project leader to ensure achievement of project objectives in data warehouse and related deployment tools initiatives to include development, maintenance, and modification for complex projects. Plans, schedules, and coordinates activities related to data warehouse development in obtaining solutions to problems. Assigns work. Establishes work task priorities. Instructs and trains in methods and procedures. Reviews the work of programmers and subordinates.
- Provides technical assistance to users. Provides expert level support for problem determination and resolution. Provides innovative solutions to working within the constraints of environment. Communicates effectively and collaboratively with other works and customers. Provides on-call support during and after business hours. Is up-to-date on emerging techniques and technologies.
- Ensures the integrity and security of institutional data. Follows change management procedures. Adheres to confidentiality and security policies and procedures. Tests and verifies accuracy of data. Provides adequate security through identification of user types in conjunction with the user department.
This is a full-time, exempt-level position. Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm.
Job requires Bachelor's and 5 years of experience or the equivalent.
Preferred education, experience, skills:
- Masters degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management experience
- Clinical background with informatics experience desired
Job Professional and Managerial
Primary Location TN-Nashville-Crystal Terrace
Organization Finance-Enterprise DW 108522