Temporary Student Services Representative II-Intl Programs
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), an internationally renowned college of Art and Design, Liberal Arts and Business and Technology, of the State University of New York (SUNY), invites nominations and applications for a temporary Student Services Representative II for International Programs.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide support to incoming and outgoing Study Abroad students
- Plan and coordinate social events to facilitate intercultural communication
- Manage OIP website, blogs and facebook for all Study Abroad programs
- Provide content and manage electronic information board
- Design and create content for all Study Abroad visual materials
- Design and prepare Study Abroad Student Handbooks
- Assist in the planning of student re-entry programs
- Represent the OIP at special orientation events such as Accepted Students Day, Parent's Day, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of a student program assessment tool
- Serve as front desk receptionist providing accurate information
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries or direct inquiries to the appropriate staff
- General Office Work
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field form a US or international college or university
- Demonstrated interest in the field of international education and in working with students
- Experience with methods for marketing, recruiting and planning evaluation through social media, webinars, wikis and survey tools
- Ability to seek accurate and appropriate information from internal and external sources so that clientele needs can be served
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking, and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and technical skills
- Ability to store, manage and retrieve electronic files
- Demonstrated experience working cooperatively in a team as well as the ability to work independently in a very busy office environment
Computer Skills Required:
- Expert with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite programs (PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Web design and CMS software
- Familiarity with Constant Contact for emails and RSVP management
- Professional experience with Facebook, Flickr, weblog software (WordPress, TypePad etc.) and other social medial platforms
- FIT/higher education experience (Banner, Bi-Tech, Hyperion Brio) a plus
This is a full time temporary position with a 6 month duration
35 hour work week
Pay range 88/0 $36,167 with benefits
Candidates must apply online at http://fitnyc.interviewexchange.com.
Letter of application outlining qualifications
Current resume or cv
The telephone and email contact information for a minimum of five (5) professional references
Candidates will be required to successfully complete a background check.
For more information about the Fashion Institute of Technology, please visit www.fitync.edu.
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
The Fashion Institute of Technology has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Please note due that due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to contact each applicant individually.