DIRECTOR, CAREER SERVICES
Facilitating students’ lifelong career management is a cornerstone of Champlain College’s strategic vision and future success. The Director is responsible for providing direction and administration for a comprehensive Career Services Office whose mission it is to support students and alumni in developing, evaluating, and implementing career education and employment decisions and plans.
As Director, this person will be responsible for leading and managing the career service staff, overseeing budgets, creating student job and internship opportunities, collecting and analyzing annual employment data and researching workforce trends.
The Career Service Office is one of eight departments within the Division of Student Life. Working collaboratively with the LEAD staff, students, staff, faculty, employers, and alumni this individual will deliver goal-oriented outcomes in the following critical areas:
- Update the department’s annual strategic plan while serving in a project management role for collaborative programming efforts.
- Lead, manage, and advocate for the Career Service team.
- Provide 1-1 and group career advising to various student populations.
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments and surveys related to job placement, workforce needs and trends, and career service delivery and outcomes.
- Analyze and address latest marketplace trends and challenges concerning career services.
- Facilitate and manage communication with campus partners such as Marketing, Admissions, Advancement, Faculty, and staff.
- Establish new relationships with employers and organizations related to career services, internship opportunities, and professional job opportunities for students. Collaborate with employers to design optimal marketing strategies to match job opportunities with qualified student candidates.
Qualified candidates will have a strong work ethic and a proven track record in:
- Demonstrated understanding of the career search and career management process.
- Experience managing and leading a team.
- Collecting, analyzing and synthesizing data.
- Leveraging technology and social media platforms for networking, program evaluation and improving or re-inventing processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Setting and communicating priorities while managing multiple, often competing, priorities
A Master’s degree and at minimum (5) years of full-time progressive management of a team in career services, corporate training, organizational development or related field is required.
The successful individual in this role will be an innovative, results-driven leader who is an advocate and champion for lifelong career management and enjoys building rapport with a wide range of internal and external constituents. The director will be a collaborative leader with a commitment to excellence and the ability to inspire, challenge, and motivate others to achieve common goals, as well as gain trust, credibility and respect.
The successful candidate will be able to help build intercultural understanding and demonstrate multicultural perspectives that can foster a diverse and inclusive community. Candidates must have a professional and positive attitude towards their work, the mission of the institution, and the goals of the college. Adaptability, continuous learning, strong critical judgment, a commitment to diversity and teamwork, and providing quality services are some of the staff competencies required for success at Champlain College.
Submit a resume and cover letter at www.champlain.edu/hr. The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment. Position open until filled.
Champlain College values, supports and encourages diversity of backgrounds, cultures and perspectives of students, faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Champlain College Champlain College's signature entrepreneurial spirit, commitment to relevant professional preparation, nationally-acclaimed innovative curriculum and tradition of working with students individually has resulted in tremendous growth and recognition as one of the "Top Up-and-Coming Schools" in U.S. News & World Report's 2010 edition of "America's Best Colleges." We are located in Burlington, Vermont, on Lake Champlain. We have a great arts community, fabulous restaurants, and many opportunities for outdoor activities. Burlington was recently ranked as the “Nation’s Healthiest City” by the CDC, and is consistently ranked in the “Top Ten Best Places” lists.