Under the direction of the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Deputy Provost is responsible for coordinating the management of assigned elements of the Academic Affairs Division with significant focus on academic resources, services and faculty affairs, as well as fortifying and supporting strategic innovation throughout the division’s operations. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
1. Supports and implements the strategic vision of the Provost and serves as the administrator-in-charge of the Division in the absence of the Provost.
2. Represents the Provost on campus, in the community, and within the region; and at the system level on matters delegated by the Provost.
3. Works with the Provost to advance the strategic priorities of the University and oversees operations and initiatives that report to and are funded through the Provost. 4. Helps coordinate the operations of the Division of Academic Affairs and serves as Project Manager for various divisional, cross-divisional and system-wide initiatives.
5. Works in close partnership with the Vice Presidents, Associate/Assistant Vice Presidents, Deans, Directors, Academic Senate Chair and other unit leads, the Deputy Provost will ensure effective communication between the Provost’s Office and all other University divisions, the CSU Chancellor’s Office and the external community.
6. Supports the shared governance process in the development, modification, and implementation of University policies and practices in support of the University’s mission and strategic goals, in addition to coordinating and implementing the CSU Chancellor’s Office directives relevant to Academic Affairs.
Additionally, the Deputy Provost serves as a member of the Council of Deans and the Provost's Cabinet; chairs or serves on a wide range of campus committees; provides signatory approval for financial, human resources and other duties delegated by the Provost.
To view the full description and apply, please visit the website at
Click on “Jobs at CSUF”, then click on “Search” to view all job listings or type in 6718BR in
the AutoReqID section to bring up the position to submit a resume.
The position will remain open until April 3, 2014.
Cal State Fullerton is an Equal Opportunity, Title IX/503/504/VEVRA/ADA Employer.
Achieving a Climate of Success through Diversity & Inclusion.
Creating future leaders of the world.